One of the world’s largest investor-owned energy utilities, committed to delivering clean, affordable and reliable energy, is expanding its corporate digital and social media team. Based at their London office this role will report into the Senior Manager, Group Digital and the core focus of the role will be to craft the corporate narrative and campaign messaging.
- Crafting the corporate narrative and campaign messaging
- Development of Group-level communications such as brand marketing campaigns, editorial, storytelling, and news that brings the organisation’s values and purpose to life externally, as well as content for sections of the website, and CEO communications
- Lead on crafting and managing quality, consistent and effective content that tells the company’s story and its position on key issues through a wide range of channels
- Produce high quality, engaging, consistent copy for a variety of audiences across a range of media, varying tone of voice to suit the brief
- Understand the detail and potential significance of a story, and then write about it, matching the writing style with the needs of the audience and media
- Provide guidance on the right content and channels to meet strategic communications needs, managing projects when required
- Work with the Group Digital team on the development and delivery of digital strategy including planning, monitoring, reporting, content creation and channel management
- Work with Brand & Digital to deliver strategic corporate campaigns
- Create the policies and guidelines on the creation of content for all channels including tone of voice and style
- Develop a Content Strategy
- Create an Editorial Network
Key skills required:
- Strong understanding of social media and experienced in using it to add value to multi audience communication campaigns.
- Experience of managing key complex business issues and demonstrable project management experience with minimum guidance and shifting objectives.
- Experience as a journalist or in-house writer.
- Proven track record of delivering high quality digital communication within a demanding environment.
- Knowledge and experience of implementing coordinated communications campaigns in a matrix organisation
- Strong communicator with flexible writing skills
- Capability to write within tight timescales/constraints in a changing environment.
- Demonstrates strong influencing skills with the ability to make persuasive presentations to internal and external audiences.
- Excellent team player and ability to work closely in a small team.
- Good level of networking, influencing and negotiation skills, with a range of stakeholders at senior levels internally.
- Hands on experience in content management.
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video).
- Experience of working as part of a Group wide communication team, engaging with and working across multi-discipline teams.
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist for communications, digital and marketing. Specialist practices cover internal and change communications, external communications, investor relations, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
VMAGROUP has an international presence with five offices across Europe. We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.