A leading FTSE listed property developer is hiring a Group Communications Manager to join its corporate team. Reporting into the Deputy and Head of Comms you will be joining a team of 8. Your key responsibilities will be to work with the media, stakeholders, and the public to protect and enhance the reputation of the business and manage the Group’s social media output. It’s an exciting opportunity to join one of the UK ‘s largest property developers in a fast moving sector.
- Ensure the company effectively differentiates itself from its competition with media, stakeholders, investors, and customers
- Manage relationships with the media of all types on a proactive and reactive basis to protect and shape the company’s reputation and that of its senior leadership
- Manage the external communication of the Group’s approach to corporate governance and corporate social responsibility and position the company as a leader both inside and outside of its sector
- Manage the external communication of ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) and CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) projects and progress
- Support and lead proactive and reactive national media engagement with print and broadcast outlets
- Work with the Head of Public Relations to oversee national and regional public relations both directly and through the company's network of public relations agencies
- Help to manage the communications strategy and operational elements of sensitive insider projects and crises
- Manage the internal and external communication of legacy projects and progress on legacy projects
- Work closely with the Head of Corporate Communications, the Executive Committee, and other senior members of the leadership group
- Demonstrable communications experience
- Understanding of the use of social media in a corporate communications environment – in theory and implementation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Very well organised, with excellent project management and planning skills
- The confidence and ability to communicate and work with colleagues at all levels of the business
- Good understanding and experience of communicating ESG and CSR issues
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim, contract, temporary and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist. We are specifically focused on providing support to the communications, digital and marketing communities.
Our specialist practice areas cover: communications, corporate communications, internal communications, change communications, PR, media relations, financial communications, CSR, public affairs, investor relations, marketing, digital marketing and agency services.
We have a reputation for providing expert consultancy services and advice, supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry, supporting planning and decision-making for organisations of all shapes and sizes.
In the UK, VMAGROUP has offices in London and Manchester and in Europe, VMAGROUP has offices in Amsterdam and Brussels, but we work with organisations and individuals on a global basis.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.