8 months ago
Government and Business Engagement Communications Manager
Location: Central London
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 plus benefits
A leading global think tank Institute on international conflict and geopolitical trends is seeking a Government and Business Engagement Communications Manager. The Institute is international in its composition, perspective and reach and provides objective facts and independent analysis for its core audiences in government, the private sector, and the expert and opinion-formed communities. Summits convened by them facilitate intergovernmental consultations, while its research helps companies to understand political risk and its publications shape the international strategic debate.
This is a newly created position reporting into the Head of Global Communications Engagement and your primary responsibility will be to develop and manage the Institute’s communication opportunities with its government and business audiences.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, collaborative, able to multi-skill and work at speed. They will have proven experience of working in Government, the ‘think-tank’ community and / or business and have an international outlook.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Develop and manage the Institute’s communication opportunities with its Government and business audiences:
- Support delivery of the Institute’s strategies for government and business.
- Develop networks to facilitate ‘intelligent distribution’ to these audiences and to create funding opportunities.
- Create outreach campaigns to these audiences.
- Represent the Institute to these audiences.
- Search for opportunities in these audiences across the Institutes offices globally.
- Liaise across departments to maximise engagement and provide communications support to other department initiatives.
Support funding activities:
- Ensure that feedback/market intelligence is reported back to relevant stakeholders. This might include government or business interest in research themes
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Tertiary education with demonstrable Government communications experience at manager level.
- Knowledge of government and diplomatic environments and processes
- Skilled in networking and public speaking
- Possess corporate and commercial awareness
- Good level of numeracy
- Excellent writing skills
- Enjoy working in a team environment