£40,000 - £50,000
9 months ago
VMAGROUP are currently working with one of the UKs most respected financial services organisations who are currently expanding their government affairs team and have a number of opportunities, across various business groups. The roles are varied, depending on the business group that they are attached to, and full specifications are available. However, in summary, the roles will take responsibility for
- Horizon scanning for new, emerging, or changes in ongoing public policy developments that impact the organisations strategic objectives.
- Building and maintaining a strong internal and external network to ensure awareness of relevant policy and public developments.
- Leading and driving forward key campaigns of significant importance to the organisation as a whole
- Advising senior management on the impact of public policy and reputational developments and advocacy responses.
- Active participation in the wider Government Relations agenda – the broader GR team covers a wide range of varied issues and candidates will help shape and execute that agenda.
Key skills and experience will include
- The intellectual capability to disseminate and communicate complex policy issues and/or a strong political campaigns focus
- Experience and ability to demonstrate an excellent understanding of the current UK/EU political agenda
- Demonstrable experience in either a public affairs role (agency or in-house) and/or experience gained directly in Westminster or Whitehall.
- Stakeholder engagement experience and the ability to work closely with senior management is essential.
VMAGROUP is the leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialists for Marketing, Digital and Communications roles. Specialist practices cover internal communications, external communications, marketing, digital, financial services, investor relations and public affairs.
With a truly global reach, VMAGROUP has offices across the UK, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.