about 2 years ago
A great role for a very commercially focused strategic marketing manager experienced in analysing new markets for global business to explore.
VMA is working for a £14bn B2B company in Royston near Cambridge with a truly global reach. Boasting a history spanning over 100 years, they have an excellent reputation in industry. As any highly commercial organisation, our client is seeking to assess challenges and opportunities they face in the near future. They are looking for a Strategic Global Marketing Manager to join and leverage experience to research and analyse how they can expect the markets to change, how these changes might affect their revenue streams, and where new opportunities are for them in the future. This role would suit a marketing manager with expertise in market Information or business Information analysis.
- Analyse and segment market and present actionable market analyses to support business planning process.
- Use understanding of industry pricing models, understanding of their capacity and constraints and understanding of their cost models and principles to propose strategies and plans to maximise their profitability through matching current and future capacity with current and future business opportunities
- Propose this divisions business strategy to inform and deliver te business and operational plan
- Lead European Strategic Marketing Team including hiring, managing performance and development of team members.
- Lead the divisions European Business Intelligence activities. Oversee the monitoring of critical market developments; communicate business and market trends and provide competitive intelligence insights
- Provide regular competitor intelligence analysis to identify competitor’s current & future strategies. Assess the potential short, medium and long-term implication to the business, and develop targeted plans to mitigate competitor strategies
Essential experience required:
- College, university, or equivalent degree in Marketing, Sales, technical, or a related subject required. MBA or equivalent degree preferred
- Significant relevant work experience required including strategy, managerial and budgetary
- Business Analysis – experience in business analysis. Able to deploy local and global processes to attain the most critical market information required to develop a specific European business and marketing plan
- Market Research – understanding of industry market research standards and techniques. Experience with research project design, and the ability to complete analysis to gain customer and market insights to make effective recommendations.
- Market Positioning – Understands market positioning tools and can apply them
- Financial Understanding – Able to collect, analyse, and interpret data from financial systems
If you think you’ve the right experience for this exciting opportunity, apply today. My client is looking to move quickly.