over 1 year ago
An opportunity has arisen to join one of ‘the big four’ professional services firms on a 12 month maternity contract.
This role will give the successful candidate exposure to some of the organisation’s most exciting parts of the business, getting involved in high-impact programs and events. It will see the global internal communications manager manage two key areas of communications: the business’ flagship global news publication and the regional comms for EMA, working closely with the leadership of this diverse region comprising more than 100 countries.
They will be integral in driving global and regional news agenda, primarily through the organisation’s flagship news products. Reporting into the global news and EMA communications lead, they will focus on managing the day-to-day news channels and content.
There will be a large component of leadership communications in this role. The successful candidate will be expected to connect with global, regional and country leadership to source stories and help leaders communicate a strong vision for the organisation. Overall, global and regional communications have significant overlap, allowing the successful candidate to make an impact without duplicating activities. They will focus on four areas:
Editorial, innovative delivery, continuous improvement and leadership communications
- Play an integral part in driving the global and regional news agenda, with a particular focus on the internal video channel;
- Supporting the global news and communications lead, working to their direction but with the confidence to offer advice and process improvements;
- Managing the global news story pipeline and calendar by curating, developing and ensuring the timely approval of stories from across the network;
- Working with the organisation’s IC professionals across the world to ensure the most relevant stories to the network are communicated in a timely and objective manner
- Researching, drafting and producing a range of regional stories for publication across online channels, including intranet, email and video platforms
Key skills and experience
- Experience with video filming, production and editing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, working to editorial and brand guidelines
- Experience delivering high impact communications across the full range of channels including: digital, print, online, and face to face.
- Business partnering experience and senior stakeholder management expertise
- Experience working in a global, matrix partnership organisation would be beneficial
VMAGROUP is the leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialists for Marketing, Digital and Communications roles. Specialist practices cover internal communications, external communications, marketing, digital, financial services, investor relations and public affairs.
With a truly global reach, VMAGROUP has offices across the UK, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.