8 months ago
A fantastic opportunity for a senior level internal communications specialist to manage the global comms for a professional services firm on a 12 month contract.
Although a maternity cover contract, this role is far from a ‘caretaker position’. The successful candidate will be instrumental in developing the strategic communications plan for an upcoming vision and values roll-out and Office365 implementation as well as the business’ anniversary celebrations.
Reporting into the Director of HR and with regular contact with the board and CEO, the successful candidate will need to have high level of gravitas and have experience of planning leadership communications, ideally on a global scale. This role is very much a dual strategic and tactical role so as well as working closely with C-suite, there will be an expectation to deliver tactical comms from writing the fortnightly newsletter to creating videos.
This is a fast-paced role where lots of resilience is needed. Experience in a partnership environment is also desired. This role has a start date of late-December/ early-January so do get in touch if you’re available immediately or if you have a short notice period.
- Writing and creating various forms of content including video, on behalf of the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operations Officer, and UK Managing Director is a key part of the role, as well as providing support to the Regional Managing Directors and Communications teams in global regions.
- Leading on company-wide campaigns and managing communication channels such as company-wide email, intranet news pages, the global fortnightly newsletter and internal video are also part of the day-to-day responsibilities.
- Over the coming months, the organisation is embarking on a significant programme of communication to prepare and launch the 2025 vision, new company purpose and refreshed values and behaviours. In parallel, they are also in the process of rolling out Microsoft Office 365, including Yammer as a new communications channel, across the business globally. These are significant projects in which the person will play a key role.
- Able to think strategically as well as roll-sleeves up and get involved
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to liaise with C-suite Executives with confidence
- Ability to work in a fast-pace environment and often to tight deadlines
- Calm under pressure, with a positive and resilient approach
- Journalistic sense for creating great content, with the ability to identify the key messages and interpret these for the wider audience
- Excellent writing skills
- Team player and adept at building relationships and being able to influence and work both with and through other teams including Marketing, Communications, Knowledge Management and Corporate Responsibility are essential
- Experience in rolling out strategic communications campaigns for company strategy, vision and values
- Experience delivering Change Communications plans
- Comfortable with the MS Office 365 package, especially Yammer and Teams
- Multi-media content creation, including video production and webinars as well as written content. Photoshop skills would be advantageous.