Ruben van den Boer
7 months ago
Global Digital Content & Community Specialist (internal communications)
Our client is seeking a person who loves using social media and digital channels, knows what kind of content drives traffic and discussion, and can link up communities to enrich our internal channels.
The role holder will be a key player in our Internal Media team, developing engaging content programs that activates employees towards achieving our strategic goals, facilitates and catalyses discussion on yammer and other Microsoft platforms.
Supervisor: Head of Internal Communications – You will be part of the Internal Media team, the team that develops internal corporate content and manages the internal channels globally.
Primary stakeholders: Head of Strategic Projects, Internal Communications, Leadership Communications advisors, group owners on yammer, O365 service owners.
Experience and background:
- Passionate about social media and leveraging the possibilities it brings to internal communications.
- Creative with content that creates dialogue. Ability to come up with ideas and see them through to final execution.
- Experience with community management – ability to guide and coach colleagues that want to have an active discussion group, set guidelines and facilitate discussion in internal social media groups and discussion forums.
- Experience with social media listening and can apply that internally.
- Experience with yammer and other Microsoft platforms preferred, but not a must.
- Someone who knows what good looks like when it comes to social media and can bring the learnings to internal channels.
- Highly organized to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously with a good sense of judgement and initiative to actively manage communities on internal social media.
- Highly resilient to change – ability to adapt and thrive in a company going through a complex transformation.
- Passionate about Social Media and the impact that it can have on employees if activated in the best possible way.
- Flexible with the ability to manage multiple topics and projects simultaneously.
- Takes full ownership and responsibility of projects, with the tenacity to see them through.
- Hands-on, can-do attitude; a person who is willing to propose and try something new.
- Collaborative, team player that is willing to compromise.
- Independent contributor who can build strong networks within the team and with other internal stakeholders to achieve results.
- Your primary role will to be to help the group better leverage the opportunity for two-way conversation on our internal communication channels and help teams understand how they can increase their impact by using these channels.
- Help establish communities and community management guidelines for yammer, intranet story discussions and skype broadcast, among others.
- Community management- Help facilitate discussion on key channels, reach out to leaders who may need to respond to a comment if not tagged, coach and guide colleagues how to ask questions that are engaging and foster discussion.
- Work closely with the editors in the team to ensure that content is optimized for internal social channels when relevant.
- Collaborate closely with the O365 team (part of Technology (IT) to ensure that training and signposting is well publicized and meets user needs.
- Explore Facebook and other external channels as a tool for reaching internal col-leagues that do not have access to the intranet.
- Develop fun, engaging content that helps to drive traffic and catalyse dialogue.
- Pass on leads for good externally relevant stories to the External Communications team and/or branding.
Other responsibilities as directed by supervisor and primary stakeholders.