Our client is a global leader in Financial services. This is a newly created senior position within the firm’s Global Communications and Marketing team, reporting into the Director of Communications. They are responsible, along with the rest of the team, for the management of the firm-wide communications efforts, including corporate, financial and product PR and internal communications.
The Communications manager will work closely with marketing, sales, investor relations, and investment teams across the firm and will manage and execute communication strategies.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Devise and manage communications strategies and day-to-day media relations
- Manage the implementation of communications strategies for the firm across regions and products as required
- Develop and maintain key media relationships, proactively source, evaluate and manage media opportunities
- Responsible for press materials including writing/proofing press releases, op-eds, briefing documents, research notes, and presentations
- Lead on execution of corporate communications, including financial results preparation, gender pay reporting, contribution to annual report and Board appointment communication requirements
- Manage contract PR firms and other department service providers
- Coordinate the firm’s communications policies and protocols
- Support and implement the firm’s internal communications initiatives
- Work closely with the digital marketing team to execute the firm’s digital strategy
- Edit internal newsletter and deliver internal reports on firm activity as required
- Support global communications and branding activities and initiatives, including corporate social responsibility, ESG, investor relations support, sponsorships, public affairs, social media, marketing and research
- Press coverage monitoring, analysis and distribution as required
Qualifications and Skills:
- 7-10 years’ experience in corporate communications with an agency, or similar role within an investment firm
- Strong academic track record
- Financial services/PLC experience strongly preferred
- Experience implementing communications/branding programs
- Experience securing proactive coverage opportunities on investment-related topics
- Technical understanding of financial products an advantage
- Calm under pressure with good issues management experience
- Strong writing and numeracy skills
- Strategic thinker and team player
- Innovative, creative and a self-starter
- High levels of discretion
- Languages useful but not essential
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist for communications, digital and marketing. Specialist practices cover internal and change communications, external communications, investor relations, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
VMAGROUP has an international presence with five offices across Europe. We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.