5 months ago
An organisation representing the public transport sector is seeking an External Relations Executive to join their corporate team. Reporting into the External Relations Manager your role will be to support and enhance the profile of the organisation through social media, stakeholder engagement, media relations, writing, public affairs and event activities. The organisation’s members include the UK’s largest multi-national transport operators to small family businesses, all operating in a highly topical and essential business sector. This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career and communications skills in a 360 comms role.
Key skills required:
- Draft press releases and statements
- Run the organisation’s social media activities including creating content and tracking of relevant conversations, trends and benchmarking impact.
- Lead daily and periodic media monitoring
- Manage media contact lists and maintain an up-to-date database of activity
- Develop and manage a news section of the website including uploading content and identifying opportunities for new content such as blogs.
- Administer events, including parliamentary receptions, roundtables and party conference events
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with national, industry and local journalists
To be consider for this role you need to have:
- Knowledge of the political and policymaking process, including understanding of how the media and social media inform policymaking
- Media relations experience, including experience of securing coverage
- A social media native, with experience of using social media to promote an organisation’s reputation and influence
- An ability to identify good stories and build engaging content
- A self-starter with an eye for detail and the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities
- Collaborative and collegiate, with excellent relationship skills