£25,000 - £35,000
about 2 years ago
Do you love working on high-impact national PR campaigns and have solid proactive and reactive media relations experience? Can you spot issues and work with a variety of stakeholder and audiences?
Reporting to the Senior External Comms Manager, the External Communications Senior Executive will inform and update external audiences including the national, tech, consumer, online and business media to enhance & protect reputation and inform consumers.
- Supporting/Managing the delivery of national PR campaigns and activity where required including media relations; public speaking engagements; events presence/sponsorship
- Building relationships with key national, consumer, trade and tech journalists in support of strategic campaigns
- Owning, supporting and managing projects, e.g. creating coverage reports and new photography or video assets to be shared with the media
- Supporting the External Communications Manager in changing perceptions and enhancing reputation with consumer and industry
- Tracking success against agreed KPIs and conduct feedback. Regular reporting as agreed for attention of MD and wider business
- Be part of out-of-hours media service working at night and during weekends and public holidays on a rota basis
- Strong communications skills, both written and oral
- Understanding of media and stakeholder dynamics and good knowledge of national, business, stakeholder and consumer influencer audiences
- Experience of delivering consumer media relations and stakeholder engagement across multiple audiences, channels and locations
- Strong collaborative approach with the ability to work across functions and teams at all levels
- Ability to manage and prioritise complex, competing communication issues
- Experience building a consumer brand and managing reputation through proactive consumer media relations and experiential events