up to £70,000
5 months ago
Great opportunity for an established External Communications Manager to join a leading health insurance company.
You will be responsible for developing and delivering the Corporate Communications strategy (external – B2B, B2C and social media) for the business. You will need to have extensive leadership experience as this position has the responsibility for four direct reports, all at Executive level. You will be responsible for building and protecting the reputation of the business with all internal and external stakeholder groups.
- Define the organisation’s corporate communication strategy and oversee the delivery in line with business strategy plans and objectives
- Define and lead the media relations activity, working with appropriate partners to establish the plan and approach
- Oversee the preparation for media engagements and provide the associated support for the executive leadership team and other spokespeople across the business
- Protect the business’ reputation across all channels, with specific focus applied to how it engages across varied digital and social media platforms, regularly liaising with the Risk and Legal teams to ensure they are collectively taking the right approach to protect their reputation and manage crisis response activity.
- Influence and engage with key stakeholders to deliver the communication strategy
- Define and deliver a communications plan with robust metrics that supports the colleague value proposition and enhances colleague engagement
- Lead the Communications team, encouraging connection and collaboration with all parts of the organisation. As the role model provide professional development to ensure the team are highly skilled and capable to meet the needs across the business
- Develop each team member in line with their aspirations, career plans and personal development plans, providing meaningful support and feedback to ensure they can be the best they can be
- Support the transformation plan and define a clear communications strategy to lead the business through change
Experience and skillset required
- Proven Corporate Communications experience, with demonstrable experience of leading activity that can meet the needs of multiple stakeholder groups
- A proven track record in overseeing the creation of inspiring and engaging content across a variety of communications channels
- Senior level experience of shaping and delivering a communications strategy; defining objectives, plans and goals
- Experienced in stakeholder management and developing robust business relationships.
- Experience of leading a team of communications experts, providing guidance support and development
- Quickly understanding an organisation’s purpose, values and objectives and how they support the company reputation
- A proven understanding of media relations, preferably with experience of working in a media relations team or in a journalistic capacity
- Experience of leading comms across a change agenda, with the ability to join messages to create an overall narrative and make sense of an emerging picture
- Knowledge of social media platforms, including how to optimise them for the benefit of an organisation’s public profile
If you have the experience and are interested in discussing further please apply ASAP with your current CV.