7 months ago
We have a great opportunity for an experienced External Communications Manager to join a leading business in the Automotive/Engineering industry.
You will be responsible for developing and delivering the B2B External Comms strategy for the business using a multi channel approach and with an international remit.
- Deliver proactive and reactive multi-channel external communication activities, including: PR, Media Relations, Public Affairs, CSR & Sustainability and Sponsorhsip & Events.
- Keep abreast of the industry landscape, providing intelligence and insights on industry, policy, regulatory, political, stakeholder landscapes, agendas, issues and networks.
- Maintain and build the reputation of the business, helping to plan and respond for any crisis/reputational risks.
- Work with and manage external and international agencies.
- Support on Investor Relations and Financial Communications.
- Deliver and develop the business’ corporate narrative.
- Working with technical experts, you will be responsible for translating complex technical information into easy to understand engaging content/communications.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven experience in External Communications, working with media and key stakeholders.
- Knowledge of corporate communications best practice, including strong working knowledge of corporate public relations; crisis communications & issues management; and external communications.
- Ability to manage an integrated multi-channel Comms and Marketing strategy.
- Strong stakeholder management skills, experience working at senior levels (C-suite) within a large, global, organisation within a multi-stakeholder environment.
- Excellent communicator with impeccable writing skills and ability to be a strong story teller.
- Prior experience in Financial PR would be advantageous
- Background in engineering or manufacturing would be ideal, this could be from agency or in-house.