External Communications Manager
My client, a global healthcare organisation is looking for a creative External Communications Manager to join the UK&I team at their office in West Sussex. This is a strategic and tactical role bringing to life their world-renowned innovation and life-saving technologies.
As part of a small, experienced and supportive team you will enhance and protect their reputation, liaising with media and a variety of audiences to tell their story.
- Set external communications strategy
- Take the lead on the content strategy for the website and social media channels
- Identify proactive media opportunities and ensure company’s interests and concerns are represented in relevant debates
- Manage issues/crisis communication to protect and enhance brand reputation
- Provide strategic communications advice to the business working closely with Public Affairs, Medical Affairs, Healthcare Development, Marketing, Global and regional teams
- Manage agency relationships e.g. PR and media monitoring
Experience & Personal Attributes:
- Proven external communications experience gained either in-house or agency
- Excellent media management skills with a strong news sense
- Success in digital channel and content development – creating engaging content that influences behaviour across channels
- Knowledge and expertise of current trends and best practise in digital and social
- Solid Corp Comms experience dealing with crisis and issues
- Demonstrable experience creating and executing integrated communications campaigns
- Ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholders
- Experience working with colleagues and stakeholders from diverse backgrounds – culturally sensitive with the ability to build strong trusted relationships internally and externally
- Ability to understand and assimilate highly technical and scientific information and translate it into layman's speak – a great writer
- Team player
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist for communications, digital and marketing. Specialist practices cover internal and change communications, external communications, investor relations, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
VMAGROUP has an international presence with offices across Europe. We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.