International law firm is seeking an External Comms Senior Executive to join their corporate team. Reporting into the Head of Marketing Communications, you will be responsible for implementing the Business Development & Marketing PR & Awards strategy across the firm’s practice areas. The focus of the role is to build measurable PR and awards plans and to implement these using their spokespeople and external PR firms, with the support of the wider team. Key areas of activity will include writing and producing content, producing and managing awards entries, coordinating PR opportunities, liaising with journalists, as well as planning, monitoring and reporting on external comms spend, activity and return on investment.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Writing articles/blogs and repurposing content on technical topics
- Writing award entries leveraging existing collateral and templates
- Drafting proactive press releases
- Reviewing and optimising public facing
- Finding opportunities to raise the firm’s profile and protecting the firm’s reputation
- Coordinating inbound interview requests working with external PR agencies as needed
- Building relationships with specific industry journalists and award bodies
- Creating a calendar and managing the submission process for all awards entries
- Creating a ‘register’ of spokespeople and managing a plan and calendar of proactive releases to ensure all practice areas receive ‘air-time’
- Producing regular reports on activity, results, spend and return on investment
- Acting as day- to- day point of contact with external PR agencies
- Coordinating media training of spokespeople using external providers
- Experience of working within a legal or professional services environment desirable
- Understanding of business development, marketing and PR
- Ability to build and implement measurable PR plans
- Strong written skills with experience of writing articles and blogs
- Excellent administration and organisational skills
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent communications, digital and marketing recruitment and executive search specialist. Specialist practices cover corporate communications, internal communications, change communications, PR, media relations, CSR, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP has offices in London, Manchester, Amsterdam and Brussels, but we work with organisations and individuals on a global basis.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.