£45,000 - £50,000
5 months ago
Well known service provider requires an experienced External Affairs Manager to join their team to proactive target key media and political / community stakeholders to raise corporate provide and reactively respond to media and public enquiries.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop regional stakeholder engagement programme and prepare briefings for key political meetings
- Manage a schedule of stakeholder meetings with politicians, Government bodies, Council offices, trade organisations and regulator
- Proactively promote campaigns and gain media coverage as well as reactive reputation management
- Develop and maintain strong regional media relationships
- Support corporate events such as AGM and Annual Report
Ideally looking for a former journalist turned communications professional who has excellent knowledge of North West issues, media and key political stakeholders and experience of working within a Council or Government department and how best to engage this audience.
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent communications, digital and marketing recruitment and executive search specialist. Specialist practices cover corporate communications, internal communications, change communications, PR, media relations, CSR, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP has offices in London, Manchester, Amsterdam and Brussels, but we work with organisations and individuals on a global basis.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.