about 2 years ago
VMA are currently working with a global insurance organisation who are currently looking for a corporate events coordinator.
This role will involve working closely with the Director of Strategic Events, GB and EMEA, to deliver client facing events across all businesses. Proven experience of helping to co-ordinate multiple events, a good understanding and experience of event management in an in-house environment is required. The ability to co-ordinate and help deliver events which fulfil objectives for specific businesses. This will include project management of the event, pre/post event evaluation, managing and analysis of budgets, supporting list management, venue sourcing and contract negotiation, together with event branding, catering, speaker liaison and co-ordinating all logistics.
Experience in dealing with business hosts and clients is required, with good communication skills and an ability to demonstrate a strong team and client-facing focus. This role requires a “hands on”, flexible person who is able to work under pressure to prioritise competing needs whilst maintaining high quality standards.
This position can be based either in Reigate or in London, Lime Street but flexibility to travel is essential.
- Planning and co-ordinating a diverse range of events
- Supporting the Director of Strategic Events to finalise event briefs when required
- Brief and manage internal and external suppliers, including venue searches as necessary
- Produce project plans and timelines to deliver events and keep them on track
- Set up and attend regular planning meetings and keep core team updated on progress
- Creating websites for events as well as online registrations
- Use the Client Information System, Event Management Tool and other relevant applications to support the delivery of events
- Regular communications with clients as well as dealing with all queries and requests
- Produce pre-event documentation including agendas, delegate lists, feedback forms, breakout schedules and table/seating plans
- Produce post event materials, including final attendance lists, collated event feedback, updating costs and follow up activities
- Deliver a quality product that reflects the professionalism of the company
- Monitor costs within budgets.
- Previous experience in an events co-ordinator role within a corporate environment
- Excellent communication skills, demonstrating a proactive and solution-focused approach
- A fast learner who wants to progress in their career to be able to manage large scale complex events in the future
- Excellent IT skills, particularly in Word, Excel and PowerPoint, plus an ability to grasp new software quickly
- Ability to be self-sufficient and manage own workload once it is assigned
- Proactive approach in undertaking a variety of responsibilities and able to work under pressure within a fast paced environment
- Able to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness and able to monitor own work to ensure quality
- Flexible in working outside of core hours and travel
- A key team player including supporting team members as necessary.
- Knowledge of European events would be advantageous
- Proven project management experience, including continually monitoring deadlines, communicating effectively and problem solving
- Previous proof reading experience with an excellent eye for detail
- Experience of handling logistics for events, database management and working with external venues.
Our Client is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to the 1800’s, they have 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. They design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Their unique perspective allows them to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, they unlock potential.
Our Client is an equal opportunity employer
Our Client believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. Our Client have an obligation to their organization, themselves and their clients to hire and develop the best people they can find. They will continually review their policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices.
VMAGROUP is the leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialists for Marketing, Digital and Communications roles. Specialist practices cover internal communications, external communications, marketing, digital, financial services, investor relations and public affairs.
With a truly global reach, VMAGROUP has offices across the UK, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.