City of London
£40,000 - £45,000
over 1 year ago
A top Financial Services PR & Communications Consultancy are seeking an experienced Events & Marketing Manager to join their friendly, professional and collaborative team in their fantastically located City based offices.
As a company who win and lose clients on the strength of their relationships across organisations, our client is looking for someone who can help to strengthen and continuously refresh their network of contacts through their events while also creating environments where they can help clients and contacts to expand their own networks.
As Events Marketing Manager you will create the strategy and take the lead in researching and managing all external and internally-hosted events as well as recommending trade or industry events that they could be present at to build their brand. You will be coming up with ideas for targeting specific audiences, recommending the newest and most suitable venues and managing sponsorship relationships.
The role will be responsible for delivery and evaluation of all internal and external events (which range from 15 person dinners to 150 person networking events), as well as engaging with the wider advisory team to deliver communications before, during and after events.
- Provide an annual event strategy, plan and budget
- Develop partnerships internally and externally that are needed to deliver the role
- Develop and implement a strong and diverse programme of events which target all of the stakeholders we are looking to interact with
- Incorporate a sense of our brand and values into the events programme
- Ensure all events are well attended and delivered in a professional way
- Create activity guidelines around events which will enhance our broader marketing activity
- Manage team members
- Solid experience of events management for a professional services firm or similar (targeting senior business leaders ideally)
- Understanding of how a varied marketing approach may be required for varying levels of seniority within an organisation
- Confident with the ability to liaise effectively with a broad spectrum of stakeholders including clients, colleagues and suppliers
- An entrepreneurial but collegiate spirit – someone who works effectively as part of a wider team but who is creative, independent, a self-starter and doesn’t require close day-to-day management
- Someone who can motivate and lead others
- Excellent communication & written skills, with an appreciation of good design
- First class project management skills with a flair for creating and running sophisticated, exclusive feeling, high quality events
- Understanding of the City and wider advisory community
- Understanding of current event trends /what makes an event stand out from others
- A love of CRM databases and an understanding of how to best use them for both events and wider marketing/business development