£75,000 to £80,000
3 months ago
One of the largest charities in the UK who supports the enhancement of education within the creative arts is looking for a Director of Marketing and Communications. To evolve their marketing and communications function into a bastion of success. In order to achieve this goal, you will work with the leadership team to set and drive forward the internal and external international marketing and communications strategy for the business across all channels. To make an impact as a creative digital marketing and communications director, promoting products and core messages to stakeholders and ensuring the organisation is well-connected in its wider world, as well as inculcating a more customer-centric culture across the organisation.
We need an excellent all-round communicator with highly developed interpersonal and organisational skills. Well connected with journalists and broadcast media and is a digital-first marketing and communications specialist capable of discerning and deploying the most appropriate channels to specific audiences. Has the ability to prioritise and work in a well-established, creative environment and will ensure great ideas and superb follow-through. Is able to bring a high level of leadership to the department to drive business projects and support teams with knowledge, inspiration and skills. Has the ability to make decisions and problem-solve swiftly, effectively, and independently.
- Builds on an existing brand and ongoing marketing work, making informed recommendations as to its future development.
- Spearheads the creation of global marketing and media campaigns/plans for all existing and proposed products and services.
- Is a digital-first communicator (owned, earned, paid) with experience of working with a retained media agency.
- Stays up to date with digital advertising innovation and is not afraid to test and learn.
- Has a good understanding of the customer journey and delivers recommendations to communicate and market to customers as part of this.
- Manages media relations (in conjunction with PR agency) and uses contacts with media members, influencers, and relevant business leaders to further the business objectives.
- Leads the team to develop and maximise the effectiveness of all content, ensuring that it reaches the right people at the right time, resulting in increased engagement with existing and new audiences globally.
- Uses digital insights to plan future work and to present these insights to the business in order that colleagues, including trustees, understand the direction of work and future recommendations.
- Uses insights and analysis to inform audience development.
- Line management of six direct reports initially, in a team of nine.
- Demonstrable experience of managing a department and providing line management, supervision, and support to all staff.
- Experience of delivering a marketing and communications strategy and plans to the business.
- Proven experience of working collaboratively to coordinate and deliver major marketing content, communications, and PR cross-departmentally.
- Experience of producing and implementing marketing and communications standards, procedures, policies, and best practices.
- Adept at analysing data and using this to inform ways of working.