Willem de Ruijter
7 months ago
BEFORE APPLYING PLEASE READ ‘TO BE NOTED’ IN THE TEXT BELOW!!!
Our client is a multinational consumer goods company with employees in over 60 countries worldwide and its products are sold in nearly 200 countries.
The organization has built a compelling brand portfolio and created two focused, fully accountable and more agile business units, this position is for one of these 2 business units. The central principle of these business units is to devolve greater responsibility to the front line of the organization to serve consumers and customers better.
This role will be a trusted strategic advisor to the BU Executive Team alongside having a reporting line into HR and will be based out of the Regional HQ in Amsterdam. The main focus area of the role is building the internal communications function from scratch for the business aligning with- and influencing stakeholders across the business as well as broader functional areas i.e. external communications, issues management, corporate responsibility, government affairs/international partnerships and community engagement (e.g. around issues such as shareholder activism).
The move to create two autonomous units could lay the groundwork for a broader strategic shift, and this role plays a pivotal part in positioning the Communications and PR function at the core of the unfolding business transformation. The incumbent will work on implementation of Global practices as well as spot opportunities for profiling the company in the region, requiring strong capabilities of building the vision; and linking Communications and PR activities to the global business strategy.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Devise and implement Communications and PR strategy across core functional areas including Internal and External Communications; – in and external brand management, Crisis Management, Corporate Social Responsibility, Government Affairs/International Partnerships and Community Engagement, for key business functions and stakeholder groups. This includes developing communications plans, sourcing and producing business content and execution
- Build a world class Communications function for the business, be prepared to leverage resources in a lean start up environment and be sensitive to cultural differences
- Solid experience of stakeholder management including Government Affairs and International Partnerships that are critical to business success, together with the credibility to advise and negotiate on issues with management, including President/Board level
- Lead, plan and manage execution of all proactive and reactive communications on all key business activities, issues and reputation related initiatives, including advising senior leaders on media and issues management on the most sensitive and commercially confidential topics.
- Lead public relations to ensure quality, creative, in-depth content is delivered to the public backed with impeccable customer service
- Develop enhanced working relationships with other functions to deliver a more cross-functional, joined-up approach to internal communications, including HR, strategy and planning and change management.
- Identify specific ways of enhancing a number of existing Internal Communications tools; exploring, developing and implementing new ideas
- Manage a variety of internal communications projects, acting as a strategic advisor to other business functional leaders and supporting them to ensure effective internal communication on key business issues (e.g. Business Strategy etc.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Substantial communications knowledge and experience with ideally experience in the public/external affairs area also, with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar function, ideally with a sizable FMCG multinational business
- Demonstrable understanding and experience of managing broader internal and external communications objectives, issues and challenges, including corporate social responsibility, government relations and crisis management. Be able to build the bridge to our sustainability responsible within the category development organization- and R&D.
- A stand alone, dynamic, entrepreneurial and decisive personality who is capable to deal with a lot of ambiguity and has a bias for action and change. Someone who is used to- or has an appetite for- working in a cross matrix organization
- Confidence, experience and credibility to advise and negotiate on issues with management, including President/ Board level
- Highest quality written and verbal communication skills, including flair for presenting information on complex issues clearly, accurately and persuasively
- Creative and enquiring mind, preferably extravert, intuitive and assertive, with the agility and ability to achieve cohesiveness in different markets at a global level
- International experience in different markets is desirable
- Strong leadership and management skills, leading the way in diversity, and inclusiveness regarding cultures and ways of working in the various countries
- Qualification in Communication or any related discipline
To be noted:
The current job holder needs to be replaced for a 12 month period and has in the past months created the framework and plan for the mentioned tasks. It is within this accepted plan the candidates we are looking for need to operate, with particular emphasis on the full roll out of an internal communications strategy.
We are looking for candidates for a 12 months fixed term contract, not for an interim professional with a day rate. The salary and bonus structure are in line with the responsibilities of the position and there is no relocation or housing compensation. The job is – next to business travelling – full time based in the Amsterdam region.
If you would like to apply and learn more about this position please send your CV, a cover letter and an overview of remuneration requirements and possible start date to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will then receive a full information pack about the company and the vacancy. Incomplete applications will not be considered and will get no reaction.
VMAGROUP is the leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialists for Marketing, Digital and Communications roles. Specialist practices cover internal communications, external communications, marketing, digital, financial services, investor relations and public affairs. With a truly global reach, VMAGROUP has offices across the UK, Europe and Asia-Pacific. VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.
To view all VMAGROUP current vacancies, please visit our website at www.vmagroup.com.