about 1 month ago
A FTSE 100 global mining company is seeking a Digital Media Specialist to join its UK corporate office. This is a newly created position, reporting into the Digital Media Principal and part of the external comms team. The purpose of this role is to support, protect and enhance the company’s reputation via the proactive and innovative use of digital content and channels – across video, photography and digital communication (web and social media) on an international basis.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work with global communication teams and agencies to create compelling digital content that effectively communicates the company’s key strategic themes and campaigns.
- Support the Digital Media Principal in developing digital content for Anglo American’s group platforms - website & social media – that is aligned with the overall External Communication strategy and plan.
- Manage and deliver the annual video production and photography plan.
- Assist in maintaining the video and image library and perform in-house editing when required.
- Assist in managing projects including website development work.
- Regularly audit the global website portfolio and social media channels to ensure strategic alignment, brand compliance and factual accuracy.
- Act as a centre of excellence, identify new trends and opportunities, and advise communication teams worldwide on best practice in digital content, aligned to the brand
- Work with external agencies
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- Demonstrable experience in developing digital and social media content
- Sector experience in a mining and / or related area /corporate b2b environment
- Experience working internationally