£100,000 - £120,000
AT - 2484
almost 2 years ago
Primary role purpose:
- Defining, implementing and managing the overall company’s digital marketing strategy.
- Evaluating and managing the corporate digital marketing ecosystem.
- Accountable for delivering and maintaining a consistent and up-to-date corporate narrative (content) across all digital channels, growing and engaging digital audiences, while managing a team of expert marketers.
- Establishing a robust measurement framework to support ongoing improvements in engagement and communication.
- Acting as a consultant, champion and thought leader on digital marketing for the Business Units and across the organisation, helping them leverage best practice to commercial advantage and create efficiencies.
- Collaborating regularly with the Product Group on route-to-market strategies and projects.
- Identifying the best platforms, tools and systems to support the overall digital marketing and communications strategies and partnering with IT to implement.
- Collaborating and working with the Corporate Marketing Team and key stakeholders to deliver integrated strategies.
Digital Marketing Strategy
- Define a digital marketing strategy that addresses:
- Corporate and BU strategic objectives.
- Key stakeholders across all segments (Customers, Employees, Investors, Media, Government, Regulators and HR).
- Our digital ecosystem requirements based upon our users and their specific needs when engaging with our client globally.
- Strong experience of delivering corporate and B2B website projects aligned with the right social and sales channels.
- Clear understanding and experience of working with agencies and internal IT teams to deliver successfully.
- Manage web development team – setting a clear standard for quality, optimisation and online best practice.
- Liaise with the business units to develop meaningful, targeted website campaigns that integrate across multiple channels and drive conversions.
- Produce and lead overall strategy for all public-facing websites and extranets; Support Internal Comms on the intranet
- Devise strategies to drive traffic to the website, including organic SEO and PPC, where and when applicable
- Use web analytics to improve usability, design, content and utilise them to adapt strategic initiatives driven from Central Departments or Business Units.
- Educate stakeholders on insights derived from analytics, pertaining to their area of the business to drive smarter decision-making and real-time adjustments in strategy
- Manage CRM Specialist to develop and execute an effective email marketing strategy
- Be a contributing expert to the GDPR governance committee
- Provide leadership to the CRM, content and web development teams throughout the email campaign process end-to-end including: creative, email content / messaging development, campaign execution, analytics, and reporting
- Work collaboratively throughout the business to develop messaging/content campaigns that drive opens, clicks and loyal recipients
- Manage Digital Content Manager to innovate and drive our clients approach to Social Media, working with the BU Heads of Marketing and Director of PR to maintain industry-leading presence
- Develop a social media advocacy strategy that encourages employee participation and balanced by solid governance
- Engage stakeholders in analysis on social media performance and recommendations for enhancing effectiveness
- Manage developer team responsible for digital content and VR simulations which support exhibitions and sales engagements.
- Engage with Business Units to understand, synthesise and prioritise requirements.
- Consultant to the global business on all things digital marketing, allotting time to help resolve issues across the business and collaborate on approaches
- Responsible for planning and budgetary control of all digital marketing activity within the department
- Manage Central digital agencies and collaborate with BU agencies
- Inspire and develop the digital marketing team to function as experts within their areas of focus and to be highly-capable in the areas beyond
- Demonstrated and commensurate experience in Digital Marketing, ideally in the technology or innovation sectors. Experience in B2B is essential.
- Experience in developing and implementing digital marketing strategies
- In-depth knowledge of different digital marketing channels
- Strong business acumen and ability to work alongside senior stakeholders
- A digital marketing evangelist, open and confident in talking about digital marketing with the breadth of experience and hands-on skill to demonstrate & educate
- Effective at building relationships at every level of the organisation, experience of dealing with multiple stakeholders and influencing the digital agenda
- Excellent project management, organisational skills, good attention to detail and ability to deliver to demanding deadlines
- Background in managing and leveraging third-party agencies to gain the most productive value and desired end result.
- Polished presentation, written and verbal communication skills, with a strong eye for detail.
- An accessible, passionate leader committed to the development of knowledge, skills and qualifications in the digital marketing team
- Experience managing global teams and working in an international, matrix-based and collaborative structure
- Excellent oral and written command of English. An additional qualification or evidence of further study in digital marketing is an advantage.
- Data-driven expertise – finding analytical insights for senior management and stakeholders
Technical knowledge and skills required
- Good knowledge of web design procedures
- Solid experience of web content management systems
- Able to converse with agencies in detail about technical specifications to maintain budgets and timeframes
- Good knowledge of SEO and PPC methodologies and implementation
- General knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Good understanding of UX, UCD and responsive
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist for communications, digital and marketing. Specialist practices cover internal and change communications, external communications, investor relations, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
VMAGROUP has an international presence with five offices across Europe. We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.