up to £60,000
3 months ago
A leading global think tank Institute on international conflict and geopolitical trends is seeking a Digital Communications Manager. The Institute is international in its composition, perspective and reach and provides objective facts and independent analysis for its core audiences in government, the private sector, and the expert and opinion-formed communities. Summits convened by them facilitate intergovernmental consultations, while its research helps companies to understand political risk and its publications shape the international strategic debate.
The Institute is seeking a Digital Communications Manager for their London office. Reporting into the Head of Global Communications Engagement the successful applicant will have a proven track record in providing global digital expertise and will be responsible for leading and implementing the Institute’s digital strategy.
The successful candidate will have a dynamic and collaborative approach to their work and be able to take on a wide variety of tasks with speed and efficiency. The position will suit a person with strong data and analytical skills, an international outlook and a keenness to investigate and assess the use of emerging technologies.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Develop and manage the Institute’s social media exposure and opportunities:
- Ensure that the Institute’s activities and analysis are fully represented across all appropriate social media channels
- Analyse existing social media activity and make appropriate recommendations on strategy
- Contribute to the development of the Institute’s social media strategy that addresses the Institute’s three main audiences: the expert community, government and business
- Encourage researchers to engage effectively with digital communications
- Horizon scan for the emergence of new social media channels
- Produce content for the Institute’s social media channels, ensuring that content is appropriate and timely
- Commission and schedule webinar/podcasts, schedule guests, calendars etc
- Work with the Copy Editor & Website Coordinator to ensure that all publicity related to the podcasts is impactful
- Evaluate podcast performance and make recommendations on podcast strategy
- Ensure that all content on the Institute’s website is accurate and up-to-date
- Manage corrections, implement strategies, negate future errors
Digital marketing and brand use:
- Contribute to the planning and execution of digital marketing for the Institute and ensure that the Institute’s brand is used appropriately at all times.
- Line manage and coach the Copy Editor & Website Coordinator
- Provide workflow and task direction.
- Provide skill development through on the job coaching and identify other formal training as required.
- Tertiary education with proven digital communications experience at manager level
- Knowledge of data analytics and technological changes
- Ability to analyse data to create strategic outputs
- Line management experience
- Ability to communicate effectively and influence stakeholders both internally and externally