£35,000 to £40,000
3 months ago
Overview: Digital Communications and Marketing Executive
A new, exciting opportunity has arisen for a Communications and Marketing (digital) Executive to join a fantastic geo-technical specialist contractor.
As part of a small global team, your role is to help engage their many employees, whilst building their reputation among their external customers and stakeholders across 40 countries.
You will be responsible for maintaining and continually improving their digital channels including our global website platform, corporate website, global intranet, social media platforms, newsletter and other news channels.
- With responsibility for keeping the global website and intranet accurate and relevant to users, you’ll have proven experience of managing a company website and be an expert in online publishing.
- You ‘ll be able to demonstrate success in developing and publishing a variety of content for social media and online news channels including posts, articles, infographics, video and podcasts. And you’ll have a strong track record in photo, infographic, video and podcast production and editing, ideally using Adobe Photoshop, Premiere and InDesign or similar.
- Oversee the security, stability, support and maintenance of the website platform which uses the Drupal content management system.
- Continually develop and improve the website platform, subject to budget and capacity, to better meet the needs of all its users.
- Lead the community of website publishers ensuring they are kept involved and informed on website development, sharing best practice and building their skills and expertise.
- Publish and update content as required on the corporate website, keeping it accurate, relevant and engaging.
- Continually develop and improve the global intranet, held on SharePoint, including the home page, news, about my client and knowledge base.
- Plan, produce and multi-purpose high-quality and engaging content across all channels to maintain good momentum and have maximum impact, including posts, images, articles, infographics, video and podcasts.
- Publish and update content the global intranet.
- Publish content on the social media platforms, primarily LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Collate, target and publish content for the regular Connections newsletter and employee news app.
- Regularly monitor and report on best practice in communications and marketing and competitor activity, identifying, sharing and acting on opportunities for improvement
- Coordinate communication to ensure consistent messages and avoid duplication of effort.
- Ensure a consistent look and feel across corporate channels by developing, promoting and applying a corporate identity and style.
Education & Experience
- Good knowledge of what great digital communication looks like, and how to get maximum impact from different platforms and channels.
- Proven experience of managing a company website.
- An expert in online publishing, ideally with experience of Drupal and SharePoint or similar.
- Adept at developing and publishing a variety of content for social media and online news channels including posts, articles, infographics, video and podcasts
- A strong track record in photo, infographic, video and podcast production and editing, ideally using Adobe Photoshop, Premiere and InDesign or similar.
- Experience of using search engine optimisation, analytics, and industry and best practice bench marking.
- A keen user of, plus experience of managing and posting on, social media channels, especially LinkedIn and YouTube, with excellent awareness of how they can be used as corporate communications tools.