Willem de Ruijter
almost 2 years ago
MUFG (Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group) is one of the world's leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with approximately 360 years of history, MUFG is a global network with around 1,800 offices in over 50 countries across the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Asia and Oceania. The group has over 150,000 employees, offering services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing.
As one of the top financial groups globally with a vison to be the world's most trusted, MUFG wants to attract, nurture and retain the most talented individuals in the market. The size and range of MUFG's global business creates opportunities for their employees to stretch themselves and reap the rewards, whilst the common values, to behave with integrity and responsibility, and to build a culture which is fair, transparent, and honest, underpin everything MUFG does.
MUFG aims to be the financial partner of choice for their clients, whatever their requirements, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
MUFG’s shares trade on the Tokyo, Nagoya, and New York (NYSE: MTU) stock exchanges.
MUFG Bank (Europe) N.V. is a legal entity and subsidiary of MUFG Bank, Ltd. with offices in eight in Europe countries: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Germany, The Netherlands, Poland, Portugal and Spain. The subsidiary provides services across these markets in Trade Finance, Corporate Finance, Deposits, Internet Banking, Money Transfer Services, Treasury, and Trust Services. MUFG Bank Ltd. also has branches in Italy and France in Europe.
The Corporate Communications team is responsible for protecting and enhancing the brand and reputation of the firm with media, clients and other external stakeholders. Its activities also underpin employee engagement and cultural change by managing and implementing a range of internal communication strategies from Executive-led Town Halls and intranet content to charitable volunteering.
In addition to supporting the business on specific projects, the team manages:
External stakeholder communications
- Media relations
- Issues management
- Social media
- Client communications
- Internal communications
- Intranet content
- Executive communications and Town Halls
- Divisional communications
- Employee/team news
Brand and Digital
- Corporate Identity and management of brand guidelines
- Intranet development
- Websites – content and development
- Advertising and sponsorship
- Conferences and Events
Corporate Social Responsibility
- Management of charitable partnerships
- Staff volunteering
- Annual CSR report
This role will report to the Managing Director, Head of Corporate Communications for MUFG EMEA and International Securities and will work in close partnership with the senior management of MBE and other countries in Europe as appropriate.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
This role has been newly established (January 2019) within the Corporate Communications function for MUFG EMEA. The role is based in the Amsterdam office and is responsible for directing and implementing the activities of corporate communications as they specifically relate to the strategic priorities of MBE / Europe, as well as MUFG Securities (Europe).
The role holder will also provide support for MBE’s Culture Program.
- Develop close working relationships with MBE’s Management Board and wider senior management team; ensure a good understanding of MBE’s strategy to include core challenges and opportunities. Work to become a ‘trusted partner’ of this core audience.
- Provide transformation communications support for the Strategic Change Office
- Ensure that basic principles and guidelines for corporate communications in MBE/Europe are adhered to. Continue to communicate and educate to ensure all employees are made aware and ensure an element of tight control over who is permitted to communicate, how and when.
- Work in partnership with other members of the Corporate Communications team to ensure full alignment and planning of activity.
- Work closely with junior communications member of the Planning Department; mentoring and development of other informal communications partners’.
- Maintain oversight of local PR Agency (Stampa) working with the Head of PR for EMEA to establish the beginnings of a narrative for our presence in The Netherlands. Track competitor news and provide regular updates to MBE’s management as determined.
- Issues management.
- Oversight of the CSR activity in Amsterdam and support Head of CSR as needed for wider MBE/ Review all existing marketing supplier relationships across MBE with a view to ensuring transparent oversight and consistency of brand.
- Gather and track all client engagement and events that take place across MBE today.
- Educated to degree level.
- A minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience, preferably gained from some time spent in the financial services sector.
- Change management / transformation experience.
- Ability to navigate / work in a matrix environment.
- French / German / Dutch languages as an advantage (working language is English).
- Data literate with demonstrated problem solving and analytical ability.
- Experience of establishing and communicating business and marketing objectives to internal and external teams to engender support and enthusiasm.
- Clear, concise and compelling communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to garner respect and credibility among peers, senior management and external vendors/providers.
- Adaptable work styles with a broad variety of people from different cultures and disciplines, both internally and externally.
- Flexible and able to succeed in a fast-paced, rapidly changing and high pressure environment.
- Self-motivated and able to operate with minimal direction; a self-starter.
- Collegial nature and comfortable being part of a team where the sum is recognized as greater than its parts.
- Unbiased approach to navigating cultural differences in the workplace.
- Strong personal and professional character and integrity; high levels of stamina, energy and enthusiasm.
- Unlimited curiosity, tactfulness, discretion.
Please send your CV, salary requirements and motivation letter to Willem de Ruijter: firstname.lastname@example.org.