£45,933 - £49,274
3 months ago
We are working exclusively with Gatsby Africa on a Corporate Communications Manager role. You will work closely with the Communications Director to play a key role in developing, implementing, and managing the businesses internal communications plans, and in supporting our teams to deliver a range of high-quality external communications materials that help build Gatsby’s credibility.
The role will also be responsible for putting in place the right mechanisms and channels to enable others to share information and communicate effectively, and requires considerable facilitation across the organisation including with the Senior Management Team (SMT), Programmes in Tanzania and Kenya, and our cross-cutting teams. The Corporate Communications Manager will also work alongside other communications colleagues across Gatsby to articulate and bring to life what we do in a clear, consistent and compelling way, across a variety of stakeholders and channels.
If you are looking for an exciting and rewarding position within a friendly, high performing team, with the opportunity to collaborate widely and make a real impact on the organisation this is a role for you.
Person specification key competencies
- Knowledge and experience of both internal and external communications practices, with demonstrable experience of leading communications activities that meet the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrates emotional intelligence, builds trusted and collaborative relationships across professional and operational boundaries at all levels, and listens with empathy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to communicate with confidence, clarity, and enthusiasm, translating and distilling complex technical content into compelling messages.
- Able to facilitate stakeholder conversations and use rigorous evidence to build shared agreement on problems, to influence and inform senior leadership decision making.
- Develops effective workplans, anticipating linkages across different workstreams and aligning workplans as necessary.
- Change management experience with the ability to create compelling messages and making sense of an emerging picture.
- Knowledge of social media platforms, including how to optimize them for the benefit of Gatsby’s public profile.
Please do apply to find out more!