12 months ago
Seeking a Corporate Communications Executive for a global design, engineering and management consulting company; In partnership with the Senior Corporate Communications Manager, this role supports the development of the company’s profile and reputation with external stakeholders including the media, political and third-party influencers. The main responsibilities include creating informative content; identifying / building media and government relations opportunities to promote the company’s brand, products, and services. The ideal candidate will be a confident communicator with brilliant presentation and stakeholder engagement skills. Could this be you?!
- To support the UK Head of Corporate Communications in leading the overall strategic direction of the company’s UK corporate communications
- To act as a contact for media enquiries, liaising with colleagues to provide information and coordinate interviews to deliver an efficient and appropriate response
- To establish relationships with, and understanding of, target media across different industry sectors, national and regional
- To support government relations stakeholder engagement; building relationships and helping the business to understand and shape the external policy landscape to support business growth.
- To establish strong relationships with key internal stakeholders and colleagues across the UK business
- To provide advice to senior management; ensure they are prepared to deal with the media and political stakeholders
- To produce media / stakeholder engagement materials: op-eds, blogs, press releases, briefings, reports etc.
- To assist in the development of research and opinion-based thought leadership content
- To assist in recording outputs of corporate communications activities for internal reporting
- Produce high quality written media content & support the development of digital and social media content that delivers increasing levels of engagement across key external audiences
Key skills required:
- Relevant corporate communications and government relations experience either in-house or agency
- Professional services and/ or experience in key industry sectors such as property/ infrastructure/ water/ environment an advantage
- Strong contacts across UK national and trade media
- Communications skills – high quality of written and oral communication
- Proven track record in producing good content that has generated high quality media coverage in trade and national media
- Strong interest in current affairs
- Knowledge of the workings of Parliament and Whitehall
- Strong interest in social media and professional experience in using social channels to enhance reputation in a B2B sector