Seeking a Corporate Communications Executive for a global design, engineering and management consulting company; In partnership with the Senior Corporate Communications Manager, this role supports the development of the company’s profile and reputation with external stakeholders including the media, political and third-party influencers. The main responsibilities include creating informative content; identifying / building media and government relations opportunities to promote the company’s brand, products, and services. The ideal candidate will be a confident communicator with brilliant presentation and stakeholder engagement skills. Could this be you?!
- To support the UK Head of Corporate Communications in leading the overall strategic direction of the company’s UK corporate communications
- To act as a contact for media enquiries, liaising with colleagues to provide information and coordinate interviews to deliver an efficient and appropriate response
- To establish relationships with, and understanding of, target media across different industry sectors, national and regional
- To support government relations stakeholder engagement; building relationships and helping the business to understand and shape the external policy landscape to support business growth.
- To establish strong relationships with key internal stakeholders and colleagues across the UK business
- To provide advice to senior management; ensure they are prepared to deal with the media and political stakeholders
- To produce media / stakeholder engagement materials: op-eds, blogs, press releases, briefings, reports etc.
- To assist in the development of research and opinion-based thought leadership content
- To assist in recording outputs of corporate communications activities for internal reporting
- Produce high quality written media content & support the development of digital and social media content that delivers increasing levels of engagement across key external audiences
Key skills required:
- Relevant corporate communications and government relations experience either in-house or agency
- Professional services and/ or experience in key industry sectors such as property/ infrastructure/ water/ environment an advantage
- Strong contacts across UK national and trade media
- Communications skills – high quality of written and oral communication
- Proven track record in producing good content that has generated high quality media coverage in trade and national media
- Strong interest in current affairs
- Knowledge of the workings of Parliament and Whitehall
- Strong interest in social media and professional experience in using social channels to enhance reputation in a B2B sector
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist for communications, digital and marketing. Specialist practices cover internal and change communications, external communications, investor relations, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
VMAGROUP has an international presence with offices across Europe. We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.