£60,000 - £70,000
almost 2 years ago
Our client is is a global private markets investment manager
The communications team is responsible for the firm's external and internal communications, including public relations and investor relations. To support the continued growth of the firm, looking for a well-rounded Communications professional to join the team.
In this diverse and challenging role, you will work across a range of general public relations and communications activities in order to build our brand internally and externally. You will have a particular focus on communications relating to our investment business lines, with the option to relocate to Denver after a year in London to focus more on our North American business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with colleagues from across the business you will prepare communications materials as needed, including for example press releases, articles, corporate reports and presentations;
- You will build and maintain relationships with key trade media;
- You will support communications activities related to our portfolio companies;
- You will support the build out of our website and internal communications platform, including the production of original content as required.
What we expect
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience (ideally including content production and media relations) in corporate communications, PR or journalism, ideally in the financial services sector
- Relevant degree in either communications, journalism or else a finance-related subject
- Strong writing skills, ability to communicate effectively (including with senior management)
- Excellent organizational skills, demonstrated ability to work well under tight deadlines
- Proactive self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Analytical, detail-oriented and able to pull together ideas to make a convincing argument
- Knowledge of private markets would be an advantage
- Experience of working with social media, video production, and/or podcasts would be an advantage
- Proficiency in Word and PowerPoint