£30,000 - £35,000
almost 2 years ago
My client is an independent organisation set up by government to implement one of the biggest technological and infrastructural investments of our time. This inevitably attracts enormous media scrutiny and public debate. As Consumer PR Officer you will play a key role in the creation of content and its leverage to secure significant media coverage of seriously compelling and positive stories.
You will support the creation of and actively sell in of news worthy content with regards to one of the largest behavioural change campaigns Britain has seen. You’ll also support the creation and project management of paid media partnerships, working closely with the marketing team and media owners to ensure authentic, on message and brilliantly produced content reaches British consumers in native environments.
Key tasks / responsibilities
- Assist in the development of creative consumer PR ideas that deliver excellent reach and message-quality coverage our product
- Assist in the delivery of an effective ‘always on’ press office and campaign activity at key moments throughout the year to achieve annual targets
- Draft high-quality press releases, quotes, responses and articles as required that are relevant to our target audiences
- Daily, weekly and monthly media monitoring, evaluation and reporting
- Manage, research and update database of influential media
- Build and manage relationships with consumer journalists, understanding their needs, timescales, interests and forward plans so as to position our content
- Work collaboratively with agencies (principally retained PR agencies but also from time to time advertising and media agencies and others), ensuring that they are properly briefed and that consolidated and clear feedback is given in a timely manner. This will involve ensuring that contact reports are accurate and comprehensive.
- Assist in the development of creative assets that will help generate press coverage
- Collaborate with colleagues across digital and other consumer engagement functions to ensue close integration, particularly with social media
- Maintain a close working relationship with colleagues in the reactive media team to ensure that approaches to and from journalists are managed in a coherent and coordinated manner
- Assist in the deployment of media partnership content as required, ensuring that content is produced according to agreed plans, is accurate, on time and on budget
- Ensure that content is accurate and in line with given claims
- Undertake any other PR activities as directed by your line manager
Skills, experience and competencies
- Experience of press office work or media relations in the context of another role
- Experience of managing and delivering media related projects and producing tangible output
- Experience of researching and fact-checking press announcements
- Experience of a busy work environment with competing priorities
- Collaborative approach to team work
- Act as an external ambassador for my client
- Awareness of national politics
- Knowledge of a wide range of media (national, regional, consumer, online)
- Experience of using social media to amplify media relations and PR projects
- Excellent communication skills (verbal/written)
- Appreciation for the diversity of the people and communities of Great Britain and embrace this diversity in your approach to work
This role holds great benefits and my client is proud to facilitate a work/life balance.
If you possess the above experience and you’re looking for a new challenge, get in touch now!