A global membership organisation with over 130 members and 400 employees is looking for a Communications Specialist to join the team on a permanent basis.
Sitting in a team of four and based in London, the Communications Specialist is responsible for the content management of the member and public websites. They will proactively increase the organisation’s online visibility , transparency and relevance to members, employees and external audiences. The role will support the implementation of all other elements of the Communications Strategy, including media relations, publications, social media, website and events. They will also liaise with and support communications staff within the regional centres, across the USA, Europe and Asia. The Communications Specialist will help protect the organisation’s image, reputation and credibility in all internal and external messaging.
- Developing and implementing the digital communications strategy, which supports the overall objectives of the Global Communications Strategy.
- Maintaining overall ownership of the member website, liaising with the IS department and external suppliers on its continuous development.
- Developing and monitoring metrics associated with the Digital Communications Strategy to allow progress to be monitored and corrective actions to be taken where necessary.
- Research best practices in digital communications and act as a project manager for improvement initiatives to all online platforms.
- Working with the wider communications team to generate and edit content for the London office intranet, public website and social media and ensure all sites are fit for purpose.
- Monitoring the organisation’s presence in the print, online and broadcast media.
- A communications generalist preferred, with experience working on multiple projects and programmes
- Demonstrable experience of developing and delivering effective communications programmes for a diverse range of stakeholders
- Demonstrable experience of producing content for digital platforms including web, content management systems, social media and email communications
- Experience of working in at least one international organisation, in multi-cultural teams
- Event management experience
- Experience working in a member or industry association would be advantageous, but not essential
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent communications, digital and marketing recruitment and executive search specialist. Specialist practices cover corporate communications, internal communications, change communications, PR, media relations, CSR, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP has offices in London, Manchester, Amsterdam and Brussels, but we work with organisations and individuals on a global basis.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.