The Communications Officer (6 month contract) will report to the Communications Manager and will support the implementation of our client’s cross-communications strategy, which works to build our client’s brand in the marketplace and promote positive internal engagement across its team.
You will be responsible for writing and issuing engaging and targeted communications to both internal and external audiences. You will also have the chance to get involved in the planning and delivery of awareness campaigns, website activity and events.
We are looking for a flexible and creative people-person, who is able to balance multiple projects and knows when to prioritise. They should bring enthusiasm and proactivity, be innovative and agile and know when empathy is needed to deliver a message with sensitivity and care.
- Work alongside the Communications Manager to build upon and execute the existing media relations strategy. Core responsibilities include being alive to the fast-changing market and advising on opportunities for our client to provide expert commentary and research to journalists covering breaking news.
- Confidence with our client’s existing network of journalists and build new relationships.
- Prepare and draft press releases and internal communications, work with stakeholders to deliver key messages which align to strategic priorities and our client's purpose and values.
- Support idea generation for market-leading opinion which is straight-talking, memorable and contributes to improving the market.
- Support the delivery of the internal communications plan, help to develop creative and engaging content on the business strategy and its core components; support important areas such as equality, diversity and inclusion and put together communications that support employee wellbeing and the transition to a hybrid working environment.
- Support the management of our client’s various internal channels including newsletters, emails and intranet.
- Build strong and collaborative working relationships with our client’s brand, marketing, HR and employee advisory group.
- Communications experience, preferably within professional or financial services, but not key.
- A good understanding of communications techniques and experience of campaigns which include media relations, internal communications and digital.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good stakeholder engagement, with the ability to think creatively and effectively communicate and influence a variety of stakeholders across multiple locations.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Problem solving skills, and ability to work on own initiative.
- Confidence with technology, including social media and the ability to learn new systems quickly.
Salary – Equivalent Annual Salary £25,000 to £30,000 (depending on experience)
- Agile Working - working arrangements to suit your personal needs and those of the business
- Holidays – 25 days + 1 day off for your birthday
If you’re interested in applying for this position or you would like to find out more information please contact Doina Grubii @ VMA Group on Mob. 07510368190 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim, contract, temporary and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist. We are specifically focused on providing support to the communications, digital and marketing communities.
Our specialist practice areas cover: communications, corporate communications, internal communications, change communications, PR, media relations, financial communications, CSR, public affairs, investor relations, marketing, digital marketing and agency services.
We have a reputation for providing expert consultancy services and advice, supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry, supporting planning and decision-making for organisations of all shapes and sizes.
In the UK, VMAGROUP has offices in London and Manchester and in Europe, VMAGROUP has offices in Amsterdam and Brussels, but we work with organisations and individuals on a global basis.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.