£30,000 - £35,000
11 months ago
VMAGROUP are working with an International Development organisation to hire a Communications Officer for 6 months. This is a fantastic opening with global travel opportunities. This contract could potentially be extended or made permanent.
You will join a small and flexible communications team that welcomes initiative and new ideas, especially during this time of company growth. We are looking for an organised all-rounder who can manage a dynamic workload, balancing pre-planned schedules and deadlines with daily ad hoc requests.
- Proactively work with the communications team to develop and deliver the corporate communications strategy
- Write, edit and proofread materials to ensure consistency and compliance with brand, values, key messages and style guidelines
- Help to plan, commission and produce social media and website content
- Assist with project management staff to help develop their communication strategies
- Support and lead on internal communications
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Understanding of strategic communications plans
- Knowledge of the international development sector through private sector, NGO or government experience
- Proven experience of working on communications campaigns