about 2 months ago
- Transport & Engineering firm
- Ideally candidates should have experience communicating to a front-line audience
- Open to sector experience – but experience in travel, hospitality and retail will be a bonus
- Great benefits
As Communications Officer, you will be responsible for the implementation and delivery of the production of communication materials including service publicity, corporate communication support and public relations. This includes service publicity to meet customer needs, monitoring and reporting of social media as well as supporting internal teams with collateral focused on customer experience. Managing media requests and developing our brand reputation via award entries, championing our best practice operations also forms a key part of this role. You will require an eye for detail and good copywriting skills, as well as experience managing agencies and printers.
- Production, management and delivery of customer information and service publicity materials, specifically to publicise weekend closures of the railway.
- Managing a schedule of awards, compiling, copy writing and submitting entries and arranging attendance/ payment for ceremonies.
- Supporting customer experience initiatives with publicity, information and collateral.
- Updating / monitoring online communications in conjunction with TfL’s Digital team.
- Manage the media monitoring and reporting for the business with daily, weekly, and periodic reports.
- Managing photography requirements, including the upkeep of an image library for use in communications.
- Lead on filming activities for the business, and the liaison for external stakeholder filming.
- Responsible for storing press and digital coverage as well as stakeholder liaison.
- At least 3 years’ experience working in the Marketing / Communications field.
- Experience of handling agencies and printers.
- Knowledge of print production essential.
- Excellent copywriting skills with the ability to write clear, concise copy for publicity produced in house.
- Must have good organisational skills and have the ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to plan and manage projects with a creative and enthusiastic approach.
- Experience of social media, including reporting and trend analysis.
- Understanding of railway operations and transport communications an advantage.
- Good IT skills and knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud packages is desirable.
- Media handling experience an advantage.
Please do get in contact if you’re interested in this great opportunity.