4 months ago
International B2B business working in the construction industry requires an experienced Media Relations and Stakeholder Communications professional to join their UK Communications team. This person will take the lead role in setting media relations strategy and day-to-day running of the press function across traditional and digital channels.
Specifically responsible for:
- Promote business with trade, national and regional press
- Protect brand and reputation, managing any potential crisis comms
- Devise a regular calendar of media opportunities across product and brand
- Work closely with marketing function to produce content for digital channels, events, etc.
- Support stakeholder comms for public consultations and planning projects
- Work with European counterparts to share best practice
- Develop strong internal relationships to uncover positive news and promote work of comms function
Successful candidate must be a strong writer with proven track record of proactive and reactive media management – previous work as a journalist ideal. Able to develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders and gain buy in from senior leadership team.
VMAGROUP is the leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialists for Marketing, Digital and Communications roles. Specialist practices cover internal communications, external communications, marketing, digital, financial services, investor relations and public affairs.
With a truly global reach, VMAGROUP has offices across the UK, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.