Ruben van den Boer
5 months ago
Our client is a world-leading Investment Management firm.
This role will deliver the firm’s European communications objectives in Germany and Austria and support broader communications aims, delivering the strategy agreed and developed with the functional leaders. It reports to the Head of European Communications.
Our client is currently hiring for a 1.5-2 year fixed contract with the flexibility to be based in the UK, Germany or any international location with proximity/easy access to London or Frankfurt.
Key accountabilities for this role:
- To think strategically about the needs of investors and local decision makers in Germany and Austria and how communications and content about our brands, proposition and product range through external channels can help us better meet these.
- To be a source of advice on communications issues for local leaders.
- To ensure that a plan is delivered to develop content that is targeted at, and delivered, to relevant target audiences using our own channels and social media
- To support the external and internal international communications priorities and activities within each territory, aligned to the strategic priorities.
- To create and adapt content that ensures that our international story is better understood by our colleagues around the world
- To play a full part as a member of a highly skilled team with a flexible outlook, capable of engaging with stakeholders across any external communications channel (including earned, bought and owned media), and all on- and offline internal channels.
- To champion new tools and new ways of working which better equip the department for the challenges of cross-functional projects and matrix ways of working.
Key knowledge, skills and experience:
- 5+ years of experience in external communications in Germany and Austria with the ability and desire to extend delivery to internal communications.
- Background in the Investment Management / Financial Services sector.
- Robust stakeholder skills – ability to influence and guide leaders towards appropriate actions
- Evidence of an energetic, enthusiastic solutions-oriented approach to communications activity.
- Excellent knowledge of how both the retail and institutional parts of the investment management industry work, with the credibility to engage at a detailed level with both senior external and internal stakeholders on products and industry matters.
- Understanding of the German and Austrian investment media landscape, knowledge of other European markets and differences between regions and countries a plus. Some strong relationships with relevant business journalists.
- Working knowledge of relevant European and local regulatory issues.
- Good understanding of role of social and digital media in a communications team.
- Must speak with professional fluency German and English.