£40,000 - £43,000
11 months ago
Not for profit housing association in South East London is seeking a Communications Manager to join their team on an initial 6 month fixed term contract.
In this position you will report into the Head of Communications and Community Relations to support in the direction of the Communications function in driving development, implementation and measurement of strategy. You will directly line manage a team of four and will deputise for the Head Of when required.
Key duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- To initiate, lead and develop communications campaigns, plans and activities
- Maximise internal communications to support staff being well informed and engaged across the business
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders, including local politicians, the community and senior internal stakeholders
- Supervise all media contact, producing responses to enquiries and generating positive press coverage, advise on lines to take on key issues
- Oversee the production, development, monitoring and measurement of all communication channels including magazines, newsletters, website and social media, ensuring high quality and useful engagement tools
- Plan and organise events, conferences and road shows
Skills and experience desired:
- Demonstrable experience in a similar position
- Strong leadership skills and team management experience
- Ability to manage complex stakeholder relationships within a political environment
- Excellent understanding of internal and external communications
- Solid knowledge and experience of managing digital channels, including web and social media channels
This is an opportunity to join a truly ambitious organisation who really invest in their people. They are genuinely proud of the difference they make in their community and would like someone to share this vision.
VMAGROUP is the leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialists for Marketing, Digital and Communications roles. Specialist practices cover internal communications, external communications, marketing, digital, financial services, investor relations and public affairs.
With a truly global reach, VMAGROUP has offices across the UK, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.