A for-profit registered Housing Provider, committed to delivering high quality affordable housing across England, is seeking a Communications Manager to join their corporate team. Reporting into the Head of Marketing, the role will manage all external communications. This includes communicating the story to external audiences to meet business objectives through PR, social media, events, conferences and direct engagement. The role covers all aspects of communications, but as housing is a very political sector, the ability to understand, manage and influence local and national political audiences would be extremely beneficial. The role is closely supported by the leadership team, Board and agency resources.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting the delivery of their communications strategy to create a positive environment and promote its reputation and brand
- Working closely with relevant stakeholders both internally and externally
- Researching and preparing appropriate briefings for the Investors, Chief Executive Officer and other senior stakeholders
- Producing articles for newspapers, websites, and other outlets
- Coordinating with investors and securing their consent on matters relating to external communications
- Providing drafting and strategic support on the Housing’s property portfolio
- Ensuring any actual or potential reputational issues are addressed quickly and effectively
- Supporting in the development of communications for key initiatives across the organisation
- Working closely with third party advisors to ensure the correct tone of communications across all regulatory and local authorities
- Managing the social media and comms executive who will support this role
Key skills required:
- Experience in a similar position and environment
- Highly organised to plan and execute comms plans across multiple audiences
- Proven experience of producing high quality communications for external stakeholders and internal audiences
- A good understanding of political audiences and housing policy
- Experience of developing political insights to inform effective influencing strategies and a track record of planning and delivering successful and innovative projects
- Able to build relationships and gain trust with colleagues, partners and stakeholders
- ESG experience advantageous
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim, contract, temporary and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist. We are specifically focused on providing support to the communications, digital and marketing communities.
Our specialist practice areas cover: communications, corporate communications, internal communications, change communications, PR, media relations, financial communications, CSR, public affairs, investor relations, marketing, digital marketing and agency services.
We have a reputation for providing expert consultancy services and advice, supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry, supporting planning and decision-making for organisations of all shapes and sizes.
In the UK, VMAGROUP has offices in London and Manchester and in Europe, VMAGROUP has offices in Amsterdam and Brussels, but we work with organisations and individuals on a global basis.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.