Circa £40,000 plus £5,000 car allowance
4 months ago
A growing Trade Association in the logistics space is looking for an experienced Communications Manager to lead all communications activity in this exciting, newly created role.
As a key member of the team, you will set the communications strategy and lead the creation and delivery of all activity across multiple channels to inform, inspire, and engage its members.
This is a great opportunity for a communications all-rounder to take the next step in their career and make a genuine impact in this organisation.
Communications and Marketing:
- PR/Media - Work with PR/Media consultant to integrate press releases into other channels and support with any specific external communication activities
- Internal Communications - Organise the bi-monthly employee update
- Measurement - Analyse all communication activity. Use member feedback to shape future development
- Reporting - Produce monthly communications evaluation report.
- Brand / Guidelines -
- Good Practice Guides - Support with production of official ‘good practice guides’ in line with brand guidelines and manage retained relationship with marketing agency
- Marketing - Work with the training team to promote upcoming courses across multiple channels
- Website - Direction of website and its future development. Provide expert guidance on structure, page content and layout.
- e-Newsletters – Improve e-Newsletters to members. Create schedule of relevant, engaging news to members
- Social Media - Create engaging, relevant content, monitor and deal with comments or escalate to the relevant contact within and take appropriate action to respond
- Editorial/Event Calendar - Create and maintain an editorial/event calendar to ensure all messages are integrated and aligned to the organisation’s annual activity
- Regional Meetings/Member Events – Support regional meetings with relevant branded material. Facilitate any cross-regional/national member online events
- Exhibitions and Events - Lead on the organisation of events and annual Awards ceremonies
- Surveys - Responsible for all member surveys, produce reports to enable relevant stakeholder to take appropriate action
- Membership - Support Membership team with communications
- Databases - Consolidate, improve, and maintain the various member and regional databases
- Presentations - Ensure that all external PowerPoint slides and supporting materials are of high quality, consistent and engaging
- Industry Promotion - Support the organisation’s engagement with schools and colleges in the regions
- Policy & Compliance Support - Support with production of assets for meetings along with any branded support materials or documents, pre/during/ post-event
- Solid experience of working in Communications.
- Relevant qualification in IoIC or CIPR
- Excellent writing skills, with demonstrable experience of translating complex technical language into a simple, easy to digest content.
- Solid digital skills: experience of using multiple platforms in a B2B environment.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, TEAMS and Zoom
- Knowledge of Adobe suite, InDesign, Photoshop, Video curating would be desirable but not essential.