A leading global Financial Services provider is seeking a Communications Manager to join the Corporate Communications team based in London. This is a hybrid external and internal comms role and the successful candidate will help support the company’s Investment Solutions and Services Business (ISS) which provides investment expertise to clients. You will be very organised, detail oriented, used to working in a fast-paced environment and have demonstrable experience working across external and internal comms, ideally with an FS background. This is an exciting opportunity to join a collaborative and progressive team in the financial services sector.
- Support and develop external communication strategy to increase brand exposure
- Work with the broader team to develop story ideas, campaigns and provide PR support to Investment Solutions and Services business (ISS)
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with the national business, personal finance and trade press
- Respond to day-to-day queries from the media in a timely manner
- Work with Fidelity’s marketing, content, digital, social teams for integrated campaigns
- Monitor journalist interactions on social media channels – which includes responding to journalist requests and posting content on social media
- Support and develop internal communications strategy in conjunction with the ISS team
- Plan, edit and write content for a variety of internal communications, including all staff announcements, staff intranet articles, townhall invites and regular email bulletins.
- Actively utilise the company’s digital communications channels. This should include but is not limited to the intranet (The Source), on-site digital signage, media studios, webcasts, webchats and blogs)
Experience and qualifications needed
- Previous PR or employee communications experience, preferably in financial services
- Excellent writing and analytical skills
- Knowledge of the asset management industry, with keen interest in markets and the economy would be desirable
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise multiple tasks
- Ability to work closely and effectively with other team members as required in a fast-paced and demanding work environment
- Ability and confidence to advise senior stakeholders and spokespeople where necessary
- Experience of developing and managing PR campaigns and evidence of coverage achieved in the national press
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent communications, digital and marketing recruitment and executive search specialist. Specialist practices cover corporate communications, internal communications, change communications, PR, media relations, CSR, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP has offices in London, Manchester, Amsterdam and Brussels, but we work with organisations and individuals on a global basis.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.