Our client is a global distributor of speciality chemicals. This role will be responsible for creating content and news, develop and deliver campaigns, messaging, corporate positioning. Additionally, you will support in delivering leadership communications to all employees (worldwide) via internal channels.
You will be part of a small dedicated communications department based in Rotterdam and liaise with local communication specialists in the country operations within the company’s three regions: EMEA, Americas and APAC. You will be reporting to the Corporate Communications and Brand Director.
- Work with both local senior leadership and Group corporate communications to align strategies that remain consistent with the global brand image and message. Collaborate with senior leadership to disseminate communications through new and innovative channels, allowing the company a broader and more efficient reach to internal and external key audiences.
- Collaborate with marketing BGs and Local marketing in developing content with the objective to properly maintain the consistency of corporate brand image and message. Spearhead content creation to promote corporate messaging and support local marketing/BU’s.
- Media relations: Work with Corporate Communications director to build a strong press office with innovative, compelling and newsworthy angles to targeted media outlets and industry influencers. Oversee proactive and reactive public relations and social media activities.
- Work with the team to manage the corporate social media channels strategy and ensuring frequency in content and storytelling via our online platforms.
- Create and execute engagement opportunities that promote company culture and thought leadership (tradeshows, customer/principal experience, media events, com-munity events, etc.).
- Support in crisis/issues management and Corporate Reporting (Annual and Sustainability Report).
Ideal Candidate profile
- Bachelors / Masters degree in Business Communications, Marketing, Journalism.
- 6+ years of corporate communications experience, either as Communications Manager, Business Communications Advisor/ Partner in global matrix structured organizations, Marketing Communications Manager, External Communications Manager, in relevant industries.
- Near-native written and spoken in English and Dutch is key (additional language is an advantage).
- Creativity, collaboration, resourcefulness and knowledge are characteristics that fuel the communications manager to proactively develop and execute external communication campaigns (and support internal communications).
- Have an excellent knowledge of translating business objectives to communication objectives and working on integrated communications linking the business group activities to the corporate brand.
- Strong experience in Media relations / Press office management, developing compel-ling content, storytelling and campaigns, Online and Social Media.
- General knowledge of Internal communications and employee engagement could be an advantage.
- Have a deep knowledge in corporate media analytics and tools.
- Must have the flexibility to travel internationally as required occasionally.
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist for communications, digital and marketing. Specialist practices cover internal and change communications, external communications, investor relations, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
VMAGROUP has an international presence with offices across Europe. We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.