£45,000 + significant bonus potential
over 2 years ago
This is a significant role within a membership organisation managing high profile issues with a strong public interest. The Communications Manager will be the first point of contact for journalists and communications partners form member organisations) and will lead on the organisations digital and web presence.
- Take responsibility for identifying and handling potential reputational challenges for the industry.
- Manage the industry’s media and digital response to major issues and be able to do so at pace and with confidence.
- A strong strategic mind-set is required for this role along with the ability to demonstrate a strong understanding of how media and digital fits in with the campaigning ethos, which sits at the heart of the organisation.
- Work closely with the Public Affairs Manager to design and deliver campaigns that will positively impact the reputation of the industry.
- Act as deputy spokesperson for the industry across the media but also with key partner organisations.
- Develop and deliver a tactical plan to create a digital, social media and content plan to align with and enhance the wider group strategy.
The communications team have received a significant budget increase and this will be a unique opportunity to be able to drive through industry leading changes in a creative and high profile position.