You will be a key member of the Thai Union Global Communications responsible for all communications and reputation management across Thai Union Europe.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop and manage the communications strategy across Thai Union Europe.
- Manage global sustainability communications including social media, blogs, SeaChange website updates, publications and contributions to articles.
- Engage and support all European locations with roll out of new @Healthy Living & Healthy Oceans’ ambition.
- Partner with the global communications team to help develop and shape global strategy.
- Strengthen the reputation of all TUE entities via effective media relations and actively protect the company’s reputation.
- Manage regulatory communications within Europe.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Thai Union business and its Communications Strategy to proactively manage day-to-day PR activity across Europe.
- Ensure that communications and PR are embedded as a key component of the TUE entities in line with global practice and communication priorities.
- Provide advice to senior leaders on PR strategy and develop strong relationships with external agencies.
- Provide and produce regular reporting to key stakeholders to increase connectivity and promote best in class communications.
Strategic external communications programme
- Creation and execution of overarching strategy including corporate news flow (hires, factory openings, new products, etc.), sustainability and industry thought leadership, conference/speaking opportunities, and awards.
- Coordinating and developing a strong media and other influencer relations programme in the UK and Europe.
- Drafting and creating content such as releases, reports, whitepapers, website content.
- Europe-centric social media posts around sustainability and corporate activity.
- Sustainability communications in support of global initiatives, as well as Europe-centric activities.
- Developing bench of European spokespersons, including media training and interview preparation.
- Executing Group-level initiatives in Europe and coordinating European agencies.
- Agency and brand liaison on overarching Group-level activities, including knowledge and materials sharing and development of coordinated European programme.
- Creation and advisory on new templates and Group branding from a European perspective.
- Oversight of execution of Group-level activities in Europe and with each brand.
- SeaChange® internal materials and website development and management.
- Strategic communications with E.U., UK, Seychelles and other governments.
- Coordination of public affairs programmes with external agencies and on-the-ground representatives (cf. Nichol, Tony & Francesco).
- Coordination of communications activities with key stakeholders and partners including WWF, MSC, GGGI, Greenpeace and others.
- Support Responsible Sourcing Manager and others on retailer communications materials preparation and consultation where required.
- Government body relations and material preparation – (cf. UN human rights panel).
Crisis & Reputation management
Coordinating and managing reputational issues such as:
- Negative media and other reports & articles (cf. Sky Ocean Rescue, Cash Investigations).
- Corporate activities which may receive negative attention or require explanation to media and other stakeholders (cf. ESCo).
- Accidents and issues at factories and other locations.
- Legal issues & NGO and other bodies criticism.
- Global Leadership Team.
- Global Corporate Affairs and Sustainability Team.
- European Management Committee.
- TUE Leadership Teams – European Supply Chain, OpCos, Marketing, Legal, Sustainability, Innovation.
- Media and PR agencies.
- Press Associations and industry bodies.
- Degree level or equivalent.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, combining the ability to build effective networks with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong communicator articulate, dynamic, enthusiastic and a self-starter.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience of meeting demands across a multiple of clients or business units.
- Understanding of the need to establish effective objectives and priorities, as well as management of expectations.
- Self-starter, able to make decisions and escalate where appropriate.
- Team player who is culturally aware.
- Fluency in European languages would be beneficial.
- Previous PR experience would be advantageous.
- Ideally experience in Comms Agency & Corporate world. Journalism background could also be beneficial.
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim, contract, temporary and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist. We are specifically focused on providing support to the communications, digital and marketing communities.
Our specialist practice areas cover: communications, corporate communications, internal communications, change communications, PR, media relations, financial communications, CSR, public affairs, investor relations, marketing, digital marketing and agency services.
We have a reputation for providing expert consultancy services and advice, supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry, supporting planning and decision-making for organisations of all shapes and sizes.
In the UK, VMAGROUP has offices in London and Manchester and in Europe, VMAGROUP has offices in Amsterdam and Brussels, but we work with organisations and individuals on a global basis.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.