Willem de Ruijter
10 months ago
We are working with an international organisation, looking for a Communications Lead – based in Krakow, Poland.
Paying 96K - 120K PLN dependent on experience.
Purpose of the role
The purpose of this role is to support internal communications in the organisation, working as part of the wider team, supporting a specific business area.
This includes the delivery of operational and transformation communications and supporting corporate communications.
This role will work closely with the functional leadership teams, programme transformation teams and potentially the communication teams in the operating companies.
A key aspect of the role is increasing the awareness of the business as a key partner in supporting the operating companies to deliver their business plans. Critical to achieving this will be developing close working relationships with the People and Communications Team, the functional leadership team and key stakeholders across the business to support and deliver a holistic communications strategy, often against a challenging change agenda. This will include developing and protecting a consistent joined-up narrative that successfully embeds the businesses operating model, values and behaviours, while respecting the unique requirements of the different functional areas.
When we return to more normal working, this role may require some travel and working from multiple and international sites/locations, providing it is safe to do so.
- Support and execute the overall communications strategy for the business, and that of the assigned business function, by facilitating communication requirements from the relevant leadership team and transformation programme and working with the head of communications to build the necessary strategies and channels for delivery.
- Develop, write, edit, proof-read and deliver effective content as assigned, e.g., presentations, policies, documents, strategic narratives, newsletters, intranet and web content, blogs, vlogs and videos, ensuring consistency around brand usage and tone.
- Develop subject matter knowledge of assigned functional area, particularly the key business priorities, challenges and opportunities.
- Update and support a calendar of corporate communications activity and manage day to day alongside local communication plans.
- Act as a communication specialist within the Communications Team, and the wider People and Communications Team, providing expert advice and guidance around best practise communication methods.
- Support programme, project managers and functional areas on change and transformation communications, ensuring necessary confidentiality and credibility are maintained.
- Work with stakeholders and external suppliers as appropriate to ensure timely sign off and delivery to intended audiences on all communications and collateral.
- Conduct regular evaluation and test the effectiveness of messages and channels through different means, including workshops and questionnaires, and suggest changes where necessary and appropriate.
- Various administration tasks, including maintenance of distribution lists for different recipient groups.
- Support any communication events including developing all visual media, organising guest speakers and co-ordinating event logistics.
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Excellent English language skills.
- Exceptional writing and proof-reading skills with an excellent eye for detail, able to customise various content for different audiences, ensuring the right style and tone of voice.
- Strong organisational skills and excellent ability to prioritise.
- Strong analytical and observation skills.
- Strong business acumen, with the ability to quickly grasp the requirements of the piece to be written.
- Ability to own the business partnering relationship, challenging where appropriate and necessary, but prepared to accept a different outcome.
- Solid working knowledge of SharePoint, PowerPoint and all Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish credibility at all levels of the organisation.
- Able to operate effectively in an environment of constant change with tight deadlines, finite resource and a great deal of ambiguity.
- Able to take clear and specific direction but also self-manage and operate independently.
- Self-motivated with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Tenacious, deliver a high level of performance and not become resigned to the inevitability of delays.
- Degree level qualification or equivalent, preferably in a communications-related subject.
- Experience of working in an environment of change involving people, process, policy and technology.
- Willing and able to travel to participate in meetings, workshops, and other related activities where appropriate and when it is safe to do so.