£35,000 - £38,000
about 2 years ago
My client, a FTSE 100 listed, property investment and development company, is looking for a Communications Executive to support the communications function. You will be an intergral part of the team, drawing on your external communications experience to enhance my client’s profile and reputation through PR / media relations and social media engagement, and support the delivery of the company’s business objectives at a Group level as well as for the three UK Business Units.
You will also implement your internal communications knowledge to support the Internal Communications Manager with the day-to-day management of the internal communication channels and manage the delivery of specific internal campaigns. The candidate will also need to help deliver Group-wide events such as the Group Conference.
As Communications Executive, you will:
- Support the External Communications Manager in delivering the media strategy
- Develop multi-channel communications plans for major projects and ensure day-to-day activity is coordinated across the team and wider communications function
- Manage transactional press releases
- Produce proactive and authoritative briefings, articles and other materials as required to fit with our business and the key projects across the UK business units
- Develop relationships with journalists at priority media outlets
- Day-to-day management of my client’s social media platforms, including creating / re-purposing content, running campaigns across the channels and monitoring to drive engagement and grow followers.
- Act as team social media champion
- In conjunction with the External Communications Manager, build a network and liaise with internal stakeholders to develop a pipeline of news stories / feature ideas
- Manage the circulation of bi-weekly media cuttings
- Manage day-to-day activities with our UK agency, in conjunction with the External Communications Manager, to ensure my client is achieving optimal results and value in the working relationship
- Support the External Communications Manager to deliver crisis / issues communications
- Ensure key internal spokespeople are able to deal with the media by organising regular training sessions
- Manage award entries alongside PR and Marketing agencies
- Support the Internal Communications Manager on a day-to-day level
- Update the company Intranet on a day-to-day basis and act as an advocate for the channel
- Manage the drafting and issuing of the weekly company communication
- Manage the delivery of the company quarterly updates, including the gathering of information, formalising presentation and supporting presenters
- Provide support to the Internal Communications Manager to deliver internal campaigns to raise awareness and change behaviour across the Group where appropriate.
- Act as a liaison between external and internal activity to ensure that messaging and communication channels are aligned with timely information
- The role will provide ad hoc support to the marketing team when necessary, for example, marketing events.
Skills & Experience required
- Experience of delivering a communications role within an in-house or agency environment, ideally 2-3 years
- Strong organisational skills and ability to multi task and work on multiple projects concurrently
- The ability to evaluate and prioritise requirements from the business
- The ability to be a good ambassador for my client with external stakeholders
- The ability to work successfully with internal teams and external suppliers
- Good communication skills and the ability to work successfully as part of a team
- Excellent writing, editing and proof reading skills
- Excellent research skills
- The ability to work under tight deadlines, paying close attention to detail
- A creative approach to all activity
- Good negotiating and interpersonal skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, strong social media skills
Please get in touch today if this role is of interest!