My client is committed to building leading technology that makes the experience of buying and managing travel continually better. Through their travel commerce platform my client provides distribution, technology, payment and other solutions for the $7 trillion global travel and tourism industry.
The Communications Executive role requires a hands-on approach, with responsibility for activities including content creation, contributing to media relations and engagement with cross-functional projects such as our global thought leadership programme and crisis preparations. This role is part of the global team and supports the corporate centre, as well as offering advice and assistance to our regional communications teams.
- Manage communication programmes ensuring consistent messaging, creative execution and measurable outcomes
- Maintain direct contact with the trade-focused and national media publications to pitch stories on a broad range of business issues and corporate news-flow
- Work closely with stakeholder teams including management and marketing teams to develop creative, integrated programmes utilising both traditional PR and social media
- Develop and manage my client’s spokesperson briefing centre
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests
- Create content for press releases, statements, briefings, FAQS, blogs and abstracts
- Work closely with Head of Global Communications to create content for and deliver the thought leadership programme
- Monitor, measure, analyse and communicate PR results
- Build relationships with thought leaders to grow industry awareness
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and incorporate trends into relevant story angles
- Maintain an accurate global media database with input from regional team
- Proven in house or agency Public Relations experience
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with ability to tell stories that bring company transformation to life
- Strong ability to work independently, multi-task and prioritise responsibilities
- A self-starter with proven ability work with various levels of an organization and discipline for setting goals and driving results
- Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns
- Established track record in media relations, issue/crisis communications management, and spokesperson training
- Strong relationships with industry media outlets
- Successful at managing stakeholders at all levels of an organization (including senior executives), as well as media, partners, customers
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist for communications, digital and marketing. Specialist practices cover internal and change communications, external communications, investor relations, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
VMAGROUP has an international presence with five offices across Europe. We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.