£26,000 - £32,000
9 months ago
My client is embarking on an extensive improvement programme and compelling communications will play a critical role in helping us achieve our ambitions. They are looking for two communication executives to join their team – each with varying responsibilities.
Working in a small team reporting to the Communications Manager, you will use a variety of channels to help us deliver our internal and external communications strategy.
You will be based at Elephant and Castle, with regular travel to my client’s other sites across London, Thames Valley and Rugby.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and deliver engaging internal communications to support both operational and strategic communications initiatives, including copywriting for a variety of communications channels.
- Bring our organisational plans to life by writing engaging messaging to encourage employees to get involved in shaping our improvement plans.
- Work closely with internal teams to shape, develop and optimise communications.
- Commission, brief and manage external agencies including designers, copywriters and printers to support communication initiatives.
- Support development of a new intranet and website, including liaising with external agencies and development of content.
- Help manage a busy media line, including assisting with the handling of incoming media queries and requests, and developing media lines.
- Help maintain our media and stakeholder database, and coordinate meetings with key stakeholders
- Coordinate meetings and engagements with key journalists, MPs and partner organisations to help my client build contacts to enhance and protect its external reputation.
- Monitor and report on sector and competitor activity and trends to inform our communications activities.
- Manage our corporate social media accounts in line with current best practice approaches, including sourcing and writing content to inform and engage key
- Work with the Business Development Team to write case studies and messaging to drive external stakeholder engagement.
We are looking for someone with a background in communications or marketing who has experience of:
- Producing and delivering corporate internal communications plans.
- Managing external communications and marketing agencies.
- Stakeholder engagement, including working with media contacts and other external stakeholders.
- Managing digital and social media campaigns.
- Writing copy for a range of communications channels include emails, letters, brochures, presentations and online content.
Skills and Abilities
To be considered for this role, you will need to be a good team player with a pro-active, can-do attitude to your work, as well as:
- Excellent copywriting skills.
- Strong project management skills, a proven ability to manage multiple projects
- A great attention to detail.
- A proven ability to work well with multiple stakeholders, including senior leaders.
- A good understanding of marketing and how to effectively engage a variety of audiences.
- Good PowerPoint skills.
- Experience of using SharePoint, WordPress or other CMS software would be advantageous.
You will have a good working knowledge of internal communications best practice and current trends. And you will need a good working knowledge of social media best practice and digital marketing.
If this sounds like you and you’re up for the challenge, apply now!