A private company which provides public services to improve people’s lives, is looking for a Communications Executive on a 10 month contract paying between £27,000 - £31,000.
This is an exciting position in a fantastic company which has grown fivefold over the last 18 months. Managing anything from helping people in the community lose weight to helping asylum seekers integrate into communities, this is an extremely rewarding company to work for. The successful candidate will support the Marketing and Communication Team's work required to position the business as a leading public services provider. They will have c.3 years’ experience in a communications position, with experience across both internal and external communications disciplines. The ability to source an engaging story and develop content across various channels, both traditional and digital, is required in this fast-paced and rewarding role.
An interest or experience in the public sector is desirable but not essential. This vacancy has a late-June/ early-July start so do apply if you’re able to start within the month.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Provide timely, organised and high-quality support to the team in order to deliver service plans and objectives and the company’s strategy for business growth
- Develop and implement communications plans to drive awareness and interest in the organisation’s services
- Produce high quality written and creative content for a range of external stakeholders, including community partners and service users
- Facilitate a range of internal communications initiatives to drive employee engagement, understanding and promotion of the organisation’s values and culture
- Work as an ‘internal journalist’ to source high quality success stories form the employment support services, conduct interviews with service participants, and produce a bank of content for each story
- Tasks many include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and delivering communications projects and campaigns across a range of on- and offline channels
- Supporting press engagement and response activity, including the delivery of media, PR and external affairs activity
- Contributing written content for our websites and other external publications
- Developing high quality social media content to drive online engagement
- Developing excellent relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the company in order to source stories and content
- Liaising with local Operations teams to understand and support their targets and priorities
- Maintaining departmental systems, including our stakeholder CRM
- Organising and attending events
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent communications skills, specifically written English for a range of different audiences
- Confidence in proactively approaching internal and external stakeholders to source stories and conduct recorded interviews
- Good attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience of using software for creative work
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and handle multiple tasks
- A good sense of creativity and an ability and willingness to suggest new ideas and approaches
- Willingness to work outside of office hours when necessary. May include occasional evening or weekend work
- Fully computer-literate, with a thorough working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, social media and online CRM tools
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent communications, digital and marketing recruitment and executive search specialist. Specialist practices cover corporate communications, internal communications, change communications, PR, media relations, CSR, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP has offices in London, Manchester, Amsterdam and Brussels, but we work with organisations and individuals on a global basis.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.