£70,000 - £80,000
about 2 years ago
Great opportunity for an experienced Communications & Community Engagement Manager to join a waste to energy business. This role is to manage all communications and community engagement for the UK. This role requires an in-depth understanding of strategic internal and external communications and community engagement planning and execution to support the strategic goals of the business and manage brand reputation.
- Create, implement and oversee strategic communications programs for internal and external audiences including campaign planning and execution.
- Oversee external communications to manage brand reputation in key markets, and minimize the adverse impact of an issue, incident, crisis or media event.
- Ability to work autonomously and be hands on in delivery of the communications strategy
- Build and manage relationships with key stakeholders including community liaison groups, customers and community partners in key market areas, establishing positive relations between the company and its publics.
- Serve as a change agent, driving change throughout organization.
- Support market managers and operations team members in the field with communications needs including facility tours and event management.
- Proven media relations and crisis communications skills
- Strong storytelling skills with proven ability to produce clear and engaging content
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Flexibility to travel for multiple projects
If you have the right experience and are interested in this opportunity, please apply with your current CV.
While the person will have a degree of autonomy in the role because they have responsibility for communications for their UK operation, you will be working closely with the US to ensure the message remains in line with corporate messaging/branding.
VMAGROUP is the leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialists for Marketing, Digital and Communications roles. Specialist practices cover internal communications, external communications, marketing, digital, financial services, investor relations and public affairs.
With a truly global reach, VMAGROUP has offices across the UK, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.