Up To £70,000 Plus Benefits
over 1 year ago
An iconic, international business which owns a number of much-loved household brands is looking for a Commercial Strategy Manager to join its high-performing Customer Marketing Team.
The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker and will come from a commercial or customer marketing role. S/He will operate with gravitas and confidence across a number of functional interfaces and will possess excellent stakeholder management skills.
- To manage all elements of sales operations, considering both internal and external factors impacting the organisation’s ability to deliver to budget, facilitating mitigation and corrective actions, where required, to ensure financial and brand share objectives are met
- To develop insight-led Retail Investment Strategy (RIS), and agree top down annual budgets by category and customer in line with country financial and brand share objectives
- Lead and own the internal process for sign off, measurement and recommendation of changes to the commercial plan
- To manage all aspects of revenue including price change/promotion strategy proposals, post evaluation and analysis and appropriate recommended actions to meet country budget requirements
- Identify opportunities to maximise brand performance across the business and guide commercial decision making
- Develop strategic plans that grow the business, whilst balancing profit and share performance and keeping the customer at the heart of what the business does.
- Help build a strong Customer Marketing Team that adds value to the sales function and helps deliver for its brands.
- Identify growth opportunities within specific retailers and shopper channels and establish what is required to succeed in each of these to deliver the brand deliverables with the most appropriate commercial proposition through the best use of internal capability/resource and investments.
- Analyse retailers and competitor strategies to identify implications for brands.
- Make recommendations to the business to optimize the opportunities and mitigate the risks across its customer and channel base.
- Understand the implications of different growth options for both the business its customers/channels; guide the business in making strategic choices.
- Understand relevant gaps and opportunities vs target and own the coordination of gap fill proposals-escalating where appropriate.
- Realise NPD potential – manage and track the roll out and delivery of targets.
- Turn strategy into action by translating the brand plans into commercial plans, ensuring alignment of channel and retailer investment, retailer promotionalplans and consumer activation plans in collaboration with the customer marketing channel teams.
- Develop promotional strategy for brands.
- Input into commercial aspects of the brand plan.
- Support the development of the annual brand budget (sales, investment and profit) by channel and customer that will deliver profitable growth
- 5+ years’ experience in a commercial or customer marketing role
- Analytical expertise; the ability to identify opportunities across a broad customer base
- Commercially savvy problem-solver with intellectual curiosity
- Results driven strategic thinker
- Understanding of operational implications and the ability to manage processes to deliver through the business
- Strong stakeholder management, but a team player at heart
- Engaging leadership style and the ability to influence others constructively