£50,000 - £60,000
0207 436 4243
about 1 year ago
A global automotive company is looking for a Change and Comms Manager on a 12-month contract paying £50,000 - £60,000.
It’s an exciting time to join this growing business as they continue to launch into new global markets. Reporting into the Head of PMO and working closely with the Global PMO Manager and Global Change Comms Lead, the successful candidate will need to be confident working with senior leadership and managing various projects at one time.
The hiring manager is looking for a delivery-focused candidate who can get stuck in and hit the ground running from day one. Key skills include strong stakeholder management, presentation skills and business acumen. Experience working on a global transformation programme is essential, as is the ability to quickly understand how complex businesses work.
The office location is central London, though the successful candidate can predominantly work from home, with very occasional travel into the office.
1. Manage the delivery of the plan, and create and maintain effective tools to track and monitor the completion of key activities
2. Support the Global Transformation Director and Global Comms Lead in the development of key artefacts for programme delivery across the Group (all markets)
3. Plan, produce and own the delivery of key change activities workshops/events/roadshow visits, including set up and logistics both virtually and in-person format
4. Produce detailed and timely Board reports/presentations documenting actions/activities/outcomes/issues and collaborating closely with Transition, Transformation, IT and Change teams
5. Ensure alignment and co-ordination on regional change activities with regional Change Leads
6. Own and manage the governance for change & comms
7. Managing stakeholders both on project and BAU
8. Help co-ordinate the organisational design activities (presentations updates)
Key Skills and Experience:
1. Excellent project managment skills; highly organised and self-driven
2. Strong PowerPoint skills; able to produce clear, succinct and engaging business documents
3. Collaborative working style; skilled in building strong two-relations across different time zones and cultures
4. Strong team player
5. Experience working within and supporting the delivery of complex global change projects, with experience of finance shared service would be beneficial
6. An awareness of change management, communication strategies and stakeholder engagement principles
7. Excellent time management skills
8. Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations, dealing with complexity and time pressure